Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How to prevent user to download specific file type
  •  
monja

Send a private message to this user
I've tried to use keyword filtering but it doesn't work, then I've defined a URL rules with filetype specification but it doesn't work. Confused

My question is how to block or prevent user to download files (*.jpg, *.exe, *.zip, *.rar, etc.) !? It's in order to have a control on the bandwith !

Thank's
  •  
monja

OK ! I've found the way to prevent images (jpeg and gif) to be downloaded by using the "URL Rules" using the MIME type in the "advance" tab. Smile

Then after, I try the same thing for PDF files and Flash animation but it's not working. I added in MIME type pdf and swf.Confused Confused Confused

If someone can give me advice !
Thank's
  •  
FRiC

One way is to create an URL group, call it, say, "Downloads", and populate it with the file types you want blocked. *.jpg, *.zip, etc.

Then just create an URL rule and drop the URL group.

You can also selectively block by making use of IP address groups and time ranges.
  •  
monja

Good !! it's working

Thank U
Previous Topic: News and NNTP
Next Topic: MS Outlook Express with KWF problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:42:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00372 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.