Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problem with DC++
  •  
zuber

Send a private message to this user
I'm using DC++ on local network.
I connect in active mode.
And the problem is: I can't download anything from DC!
I can conenct to the hub, get user list and chat in main windows but nothing else. The I try to conect to anybody I got 'connection timeout'. But other users can download from me.

So I added new rule to traffic policy:
source: local network
destination: firewall
service: DC++
action: allow

and in DC++ I manually configured port to: 411.

Now DC++ work, I can download from others.

But I still can't search the DC hub.

I thaught that DC++ should work fine without any additional configuration.

An passive mode everithing works fine.

I use KWF 5.1.8

zuber
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The correct Traffic policy settings for DC++ behind NAT should look like this:

DC++ in passive mode:
---------------------
rule #1:
Source: local network
Destination: public interface
Service: Any
Translation: SNAT(auto)

DC++ in active mode:
---------------------
rule #1:
Source: local network
Destination: public interface
Service: Any
Translation: SNAT(auto)

rule #2:
Source: public interface
Destination: firewall
Service: TCP/411 and UDP/411
Translation: DNAT(local IP)

In DC++ set correct public IP (firewall's public IP) and port 411. You can use any port instead of 411 from the example.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2004 00:23]

•  
Parikkala

Otherwise you can tell DC++ to use the IP address of the public interface (it is just next to the active mode option)

Bye
Antonio
  •  
generator

How to make active DC connection for more than one user ?

I can map 411 port for only one IP, but if some other user behind my Firewal want connect DC, what can I do ?

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:40]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

generator wrote on Thu, 20 May 2004 09:40

How to make active DC connection for more than one user ?

I can map 411 port for only one IP, but if some other user behind my Firewal want connect DC, what can I do ?

Map another port to the second computer and set this port in DC++ client as incoming.
  •  
Horza

Hmm I tried this. I'm running DC++-client on my WinrouteFirewallRouter which is connected internally to a client to give the second access to the net and to the internet via a Ethernet connection 100Mbit/s. I'm not running DC++ on the client-computer.

I can get listings and I can upload to others at good speeds 800Kb/Sec-2.5Mb/sec. But my own downloads are tiny, usually I get 1.2Kb/sec at BEST...often 500bytes/sec.
W/out Wingate Firewall I get 8Mb/sec...so the difference is ridiculous.

Also it looks as though DC++ gets speed in the beginning but then the speed drops surely downwards and finally ceases....
Is it different to setup when DC++ is on the Firewall comp as compared to the Client computer?

I opened up my DC port of 8300 and also of those mentioned above for TCP/UDP but I seems to have no impact.

In my Servicesetting i put in no Packet inspection and also removed both Virus and Cobion surveillance as well.

I can't understand what the problem might be. I got Unreal Tournament2k4 and Bittorrent running on my second comp w/out any problems.

Any suggestions?

[Updated on: Sat, 03 July 2004 16:53]

Previous Topic: How to DMZ
Next Topic: Firewall packet rules
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:36:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00401 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.