Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Routing rules based on packet contents
  •  
nhaliasos

Send a private message to this user
Greetings to everybody,
I am a new user of winroute 6.0.9 and i have encountered the following problem. At home i have a WinXP box running winroute acting as "server" and two workstations(winXP) in a local lan setting. On one of the workstations i have VNC and on the other i have a web server.
When i try to access remotely the home workstation from work with VNC i need to go through port 80 since this is the only port permitted through the work proxy. But how could i instruct winroute to selectively direct traffic to the VNC workstation or the home web server on the other workstation since both traffic arriving at the firewall are coming to port 80.
Can the firewall route packets based on packet content or i am just dreaming?

Thankyou for your help
  •  
wiper

afaik there is no way to make route decision (or portmapping) based upon that kinda content in a packet.
  •  
feite

If you do not want to check your website at the office you can create the following rule for VNC. Place it above the rule allowing access to your webserver:

name: VNC from the office
source: external ip address of the office
dest: firewall
service: port TCP/80
action: allow
translation: destination nat, translate to: internal ip of your home pc in the home lan, translate port to: 5900 (VNC port)

Only traffic arriving at port 80 from the office will be routed to the VNC machine. All other traffic from port 80 will be routed to your webserver.
  •  
nhaliasos

That is a usefull trick. I tried it and it works. Thank you
But generally speaking do you know of any software that would perform such routing pased on packet contents/headers?
  •  
feite

Previous Topic: winroute drops internet connections to clients computers
Next Topic: instant mesengers dont work
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:24:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00531 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.