Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Two Default Gateway
  •  
habib

Send a private message to this user
Heloo
I Want to user to default gateway in DHCP server of winroute firewall 6.0.9 so that when one server is down the internet traffic shifted to second server automatiocaly.
i m using two servers Ist is connected to internet through DSL
and second is connected to internet through Dialup ISDN connection.
Is it possible and what will be the Procedure?

SECONDELY can i use external cache server in winroute firewall?

Thanks
HABI Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Thu, 27 January 2005 08:31]

•  
wiper

u might wana look into Kerio's interface failover feature ("connection failover" under interface)

what do u wana chache external, and why?

/W
  •  
feite

External cache: check the proxy settings. You can specify an external cache there.

Default gateway: the default gateway is for pc's in the lan to find the gateway to internet. Your firewall is that gateway. Is does not matter how the connection to internet is. If you use the option that wiper suggested KWF will route the traffic for you automatically.

Feite
  •  
habib

when i use Kerio's interface failover feature its only work when firewall computer is running but when firewall computer is not running due to any problem(like windows problem)all traffic will be blocked.
I want to use enternal cache server due to kerio firewall cache server cant store all web sites cache.also its too slow.
  •  
habib

heloo Feite

I want route some internet traffic through server1 having DSL & some Traffic through Second server having Dialup at the same time.

•  
wiper

u can route different net (not traffic type) through gateways of ur choice with local routing entrys.

ex like this:
route add 1.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 192.168.0.2

al traffic to ipaddress 1.0.0.0-1.255.255.255 will go thru gateway 192.168.0.2

it works with a whole a-net down to one single ip address.

/W

[Updated on: Thu, 27 January 2005 23:29]

•  
feite

A option you could use is the connection setting in IE. For each client you can specify a different setting. This is independent of the default gateway setting. If you want to route traffic other than html to gateway 1 set this gateway in the IE settings. Set the default gateway to gateway 2. All other traffic will go to gateway 2.
If you want to send only some web traffic of specific site through gateway 2 and the other to gateway 1 specify in the exclusion part the urls of the sites you do not want to go through gateway 1. IE will not use the proxy settings for those sites and send the request to the default gateway.

Feite
Previous Topic: one simple question, please help
Next Topic: VPN Problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 13:00:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.