Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Wishlist for 6.08 / 6.1 - Please complete / add items
  •  
Mayk

Send a private message to this user
I would like to write down some wishes for future versions.

but, as spoiled as we are, i have some wishes / feature requests i would like to share , and hope some other people jump in and complete the list.

My wishes are :

webmail
- A button to delete a mail when viewing it
- Next/Prev button when viewing a mail.
- Being able to add attachements to a task
- Being able to add attachements to a contact
- Have a option to play a sound when new mail arrives (just like Squirrelmail)
- NNTP feed (see below)
- A few new themes to be added ?? :-)

Server

- ability to receive a pull NNTP feed
- Mysql as backend for storing messages.
- if no mysql implementation, a revision of the backup function since it crashes when preforming a backup of more 2 gb..

KOC

- NNTP feed

that's it for now.. will add more when i think of it..

hint :
It would be nice when kerio would react a little more in the forums too..

:-)

[Updated on: Mon, 31 January 2005 12:10]

•  
Mayk

Webmail :

- ability to manage your own mailinglist if activated in your user settings by the admin. (admin sets max members, max mail runs / day/week/month)
  •  
digiclone

Top of my wishlist:

1) Email caching via koc for laptop users.
2) Faster koc access to all folders (public/private).
(Currently it can be excruciatingly slow.)
3) ClamAV support.
4) Fix backup crashing at 2gb. (This is a bad one!)
5) Fix all the calendar bugs.
6) Ability to use the Outlook find and search on partial words for example "somew" would find all email with the word "somewhere" in it. This works fine with Exchange server, but not with KMS where find matches exact spelling only.
7) Option to accept email and delete under "smtp server" custom blacklists as well as the block and log options that are already there. The problem we have is that we have put ip addresses of known spam servers into our custom blacklist which refuses the connection from the spam servers, but then the spam mail goes to our ISP's backup mail server, which then gets forwarded to us. Now KMS accepts the spam mail because it came from our ISP. We hate to get rid of the backup mail service from our ISP, because it's great to have this feature when our KMS box goes down, or we have to do an upgrade, or our internet goes down for some reason, etc.

Thanks Kerio for a good product with great potential! I am looking forward to 6.1 and all the bugfixes it will bring.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 March 2005 23:31]

•  
Speedwaystar

Bug still not fixed since 6.0.3:
- contacts with a birthday before 1970 will not be entered in schedule
  •  
iwarner

Admin:

Ability to push messages to an external program or script such as PHP/ASP/JAVA etc.
  •  
Mayk

Webmail :

- ability to request en read / delivery reciept.
  •  
Kire

Webmail:

- ability to turn webmail on/off for users. I definitely do not want to allow access to Webmail from outside for all users. Most users have simply to easy passwords for their account and only a few users (management) need access by Webmail.....
  •  
Mayk

Kire wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 11:37

Webmail:

- ability to turn webmail on/off for users. I definitely do not want to allow access to Webmail from outside for all users. Most users have simply to easy passwords for their account and only a few users (management) need access by Webmail.....

how about changing the http port , and only giving that info to the users who have access ?
or.
making a pre-login.. make a http page that wil redirect to the weblogin from kerio and secure it with a .htaccess file ?

just a few thoughts..

•  
orbi

A Kerio ticket support service where the agents actually respond within a useful timescale.
  •  
mazzel

Hello,

My company's wishlist:

- ability to request en read / delivery reciept in webmail
- groups in webmail contacts
- a stable outlookconnector
- synchronisation between Outlook and Palm/Chapura PocketMirror Standard

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 16:48]

•  
Mayk

mazzel wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 16:39

Hello,

My company's wishlist:

- ability to request en read / delivery reciept in webmail
- groups in webmail contacts
- a stable outlookconnector
- synchronisation between Outlook and Palm/Chapura PocketMirror Standard

hi..

the synchronisation between your outlook en your pda (palm,psion, pocket windows based ,etc) is nothing for kerio. If you've setup your KOC AND your sync. software for your mobile device, it should work fine. It does with my Qtek2020 (win mobile).

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 17:21]

•  
KellyMc

- Make Webmail use the address specified in the "Default From Address" field when sending an autoreply in a filter or an out of office messages.

- Send out-of-office message only on messages that have made it past the spam filter.

- Allow searching of body text via IMAP.

- Allow changing of external LDAP password via Webmail

- In Webmail, allow renaming of "Junk e-mail" to "Junk", "Sent Items" to "Sent", and "Deleted Items" to "Trash" for those of us who don't have users on Outlook.

- Quit spending so much time on Outlook-centric features and tell everyone to switch their users to Mozilla. ;) (OK, maybe I'm the only one.)
  •  
peterj

"the synchronisation between your outlook en your pda (palm,psion, pocket windows based ,etc) is nothing for kerio. If you've setup your KOC AND your sync. software for your mobile device, it should work fine. It does with my Qtek2020 (win mobile)."

NOT TRUE - The way that KOC stores/accesses data must be different - there are lots of issues syncing mobile devices with mailbox using KOC
  •  
peterj

KellyMc wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 18:53

- Make Webmail use the address specified in the "Default From Address" field when sending an autoreply in a filter or an out of office messages.

- Send out-of-office message only on messages that have made it past the spam filter.

- Allow searching of body text via IMAP.

- Allow changing of external LDAP password via Webmail

- In Webmail, allow renaming of "Junk e-mail" to "Junk", "Sent Items" to "Sent", and "Deleted Items" to "Trash" for those of us who don't have users on Outlook.

- Quit spending so much time on Outlook-centric features and tell everyone to switch their users to Mozilla. ;) (OK, maybe I'm the only one.)

In Mozilla (at least in T'Bird) you can re-direct the junk & sent folders to use the "Junk Email" & "Sent Items" folders - the only one you can't re-direct is trash - but who cares???
KellyMc

peterj wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 20:52

In Mozilla (at least in T'Bird) you can re-direct the junk & sent folders to use the "Junk Email" & "Sent Items" folders - the only one you can't re-direct is trash - but who cares???

True, but it'd be easier to change it on the server than for 300 users on their office and home machines.
Previous Topic: Group does not aceppt adresses from outside the domain
Next Topic: Concurrent Users
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:27:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00537 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.