Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Slow VPN Tunnel
  •  
Crusher

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

For a few day i've try to install on two diferrent serverse in two different locations, Kerio Winroute Firewall. I succeed make the connection between thouse servers with VPN Tunnel function. Both servers have connection >1Mbps to Internet and it works perfect. The problem is the transffer between this servers. I reached top speed 256Kbps. All the settings are made corectly, all the stations behind thouse servers can see each other, but the transfer is verry low.
Any ideeas why is happening this?
Do you thing the proccessors have a low frequency? The smoolest one is P2 on 500 Mhz.

ThankYou
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

Check the CPU utilization of the two servers when preforming the test.
You will be able to see if it is the CPU this way.

good luck
  •  
Crusher

Nope, CPU is just fine... max 15-20% Confused
  •  
feite

VPN uses encryption. This wil cost some speed. Another problem could be a router in the path the packets are traveling over the internet. If you have a large file available on the website of one location and download that from the other location you can check the speed of the internet connection between the two locations. You could try both ways: direct internet download and download via the vpn tunnel. The difference is the price you pay for a vpn tunnel.

Feite
  •  
Crusher

Tx in advance. If u can belive that, I've already did that. I tested and ai trasfered different kind of files in and out from both servers and the results seems to be OK. If I transfer a file from my server1 to server2 without VPN thru FTP I obtain <_at_> 120-150 KBps. If I transfer thru VPN the rate drops down at half of this speed. As I said before, CPU utilisation never was more than 15-20% let's say max 30% in normal conditions.

Well, i'll try to change some network cards... maybe, something happens.

Thanks for your time.
  •  
wiper

dont think that gona help u, let me known thoo...

if u got any other FW/NAT whatever on the path to the other site that can slow down performance alot.

/W
  •  
Crusher

Well, there are a few routers between this servers. Anyway, problem is solved. I found the network card witch make me problems. I replace with one from Intel and... the transfer is more satisfying Razz .

PS: Off topik: i forgot.. if someone kwons what are the rules to make to see all the PCs in the My Network Places from both networks?

Thank you.
  •  
wiper

nice 4 u m8.
A quick guess is the MS-netbios ports 2 c network with browsing.

Ps. routers shouldent slow network performance down (abit of course...) noticeable if they just repack packet, if they r NAT or inspecting packet u can have decreased network speed. Ds.

/W

[Updated on: Fri, 04 February 2005 20:40]

•  
Crusher

Could u be more detaliled about network browsing?? Can u give me some tips about some rules or smth?

TX.
Previous Topic: Do not browse Internet
Next Topic: connect to www throught VPN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 11:18:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00401 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.