Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 6.0.7 keeps stopping for no apparent reason
  •  
digiclone

Send a private message to this user
Mayk wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 04:36

mdhmi wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 17:14

I also had a problem with KMS stopping on RHE3 with KMS 6.06. I think it was related to some screwed up public folders and a corrupt 'Task' index. I repaired the folders, and task index as well as wrote a very small bash script to run in a loop checking to see if KMS is running - if it isn't it restarts it.

Mark

I also have a script running to check if kerio is running, if not , start it.
Maybe kerio should create a deamon for this kind of thing. would be nice.. a sort of failsafe..

I also have the problem with the mailserver stopping for no apparent reason wit version 6.06 on Redhat. I am using a free linux utility called monit to monitor the mailserver service and restart it everytime it stops. Kerio needs to provide a service to automatically restart it, if they can't fix the underlying issue here.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 February 2005 23:52]

•  
harold

To make the row of operation systems complete: We have the problem of stopping the complete system on a Win XPsp2 system. It completly stops the XP machine and only a hard shutdown (shutting of the power) helps us out. They (kerio helpdesk) told me it was because of our Virusscanner (Norman) but I have tried serveral other scanners and guess what....... The same problem.

I just wait till it happens, turn the power off, restart and mostly repeat this for three or four times in a hour and then it will function again for about a week.

Every report at the helpdesk -> advise : turn off the virusscanner. But they won't garantuee that no virus wil be mailed to me. (we have about 10 to 15 spam and virusmail a day)
So it is simple restart serveral times or get infected.

Maybe sometimes they will repair it, our we will have saved enough money to get a us a Microsoft Exchange system.

Harold van Aarsen
  •  
geabaldyvx

The simplest solution to your issue is this.. reset the machine every day....

Write a service that simply stops Kerio.. the restarts it...

I have a cron job on my Server that goes at Midnight, Shuts Kerio Down, copies the stat. info.. then restarts Kerio... in total it takes about 25-30seconds to achieve this... Very minimal downtime IMO...

•  
mdhmi

Here is the script that I wrote. Very small. Nothing fancy. Personally, I have no need to stop the server via cron.

Add the following to /etc/syslog.conf:
local3.* /var/log/messages

/opt/utils/chkproc:

#!/bin/bash

trap 'logger -p local3.notice ChkProc Exiting ; exit 1' EXIT HUP INT TERM

logger -p local3.notice "ChkProc is starting up. "

while :
do

if [[ -e /tmp/chkproc.no ]] ; then
logger -p local3.notice "KMS monitoring ignored by chkproc.no flag file"
sleep 900
fi

A=$(ps -ef | grep -c mailserver)

if [ $A != 2 ] ; then
logger -p local3.notice "KMS not running. Attempting to restart"
cd /etc/init.d
./keriomailserver start
fi

sleep 15

done

#

Cheers,

Mark

•  
digiclone

geabaldyvx wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 15:30

The simplest solution to your issue is this.. reset the machine every day....

Write a service that simply stops Kerio.. the restarts it...

I have a cron job on my Server that goes at Midnight, Shuts Kerio Down, copies the stat. info.. then restarts Kerio... in total it takes about 25-30seconds to achieve this... Very minimal downtime IMO...

Well, I have no need to stop Kerio since it stops all by itself several times a day! I just have to monitor it and have it automatically start back up.
  •  
Mayk

do you have the backup enabled ? i've noticed when a backup is made, it crashed when it reaches a file size of 2048 mb ...
  •  
digiclone

No, I do not have the backup enabled yet!
  •  
mdhmi

digiclone wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 19:36

I also have the problem with the mailserver stopping for no apparent reason wit version 6.06 on Redhat. I am using a free linux utility called monit to monitor the mailserver service and restart it everytime it stops.

Good tip. I switched over to monit. It's really pretty sweet. I run monit on my individual KMS servers to check/restart KMS as well I put monit on an external server (my Solaris workstation at home) to access the mailservers externally and alert me of problems. Pretty slick.

Cheers,

mark
Previous Topic: Whitelisting Feature
Next Topic: Calendar settings
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:49:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00560 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.