Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Can't disable HTTP traffic on one PC!
  •  
PryGuy

Send a private message to this user
Hello all!
I've just installed the trial version of the Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.0.9! The program is great, but I've got one question here. I have three computers in my local network and a server, And i want to disable the Internet connectivity for one of the three computers. I want to disable it completely! But I want this computer to be able to connect to the other two machines in my workgroup. I just do not want to connect this computer to the internet.

I use the wizard on the traffic policy page, I create the rules pressing the next button everywhere. Then I manually add ICQ protocol to the NAT and replace the source interfaces with the IPs of the computers I want to be able to access the net.

Everything on the PC I want to block is blocked but the HTTP traffic. I still can open the web pages from that PC and IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! Mad

Please help! Tell me how do I totally block all the traffing going to and from this computer. Thank you!
  •  
wiper

how is it configured?
1. is the server the only device thats connected to internet? 2. does your client have static ip address?

if 1&2 is "yes" then put following rule at top in your traffic policys:

source=<your clients ipaddress>
destionation=internet
service=any
action=drop/deny

is this what u mean?

and you should not control access with NAT rule, so put in ANY in NAT rule and create access rules to control traffic.

gl

/W
  •  
feite

You probably have the HTTP proxy enabled. The browser on the machine you want to block accesses the proxy on KWF. The proxy then accesses the internet from the firewall. To disable the access to the proxy from that machine add the following rule:

name: block proxy
source: ip of machine
dest: firewall
serice: HTTP proxy
action: deny

Now the machine can no longer access the proxy of the firewall and no longer access the internet.

If you also want to disable the DNS access to the internet for that machine you can also block the local access to the DNS service of KWF (if you are using that service).

Feite
Previous Topic: Strange behavior on DHCP clients
Next Topic: FTP between 2 nets (urgent)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 07:29:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00435 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.