Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Corrupted Item in KMS 6.0.7 and KOC 6.0.7
  •  
Malic

Send a private message to this user
Problem:

WHen u send a mail trough Outlook 2000 i get the following errors:

- if i send a mail to some1 in my adress book in our domain and u only type in the name like "name" i get an error the message couldnt be delivered.

- if i send a mail to the same person but typing "name<_at_>mydomain.com" the mail is sent but the content is lost and the topic is replaced by corrupted item.

- if i send a mail via rightclick to some1 in my contact list i get the same error with corrupted item....

- if i send a mail to some1 who is not in our domain everything works.

i completely cant send mail trough ol2000 to a person in our domain...

Kerio, please stop using us paying Customers as your beta testers.
I want a solution now, i need a solution now. if u cant release 6.1 than release a patch damnit. we bought your software and all we get is BUGS BUGS BUGS!!!! And with every release even more bugs. Now we cant even mail trough ol2000.
Post a solution, release a patch or release 6.1.

BUT DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. maybe some1 else got a solution???

P.P.S. sorry but i am a little bit angry...
  •  
Mayk

did you check the topics about the KOC 6.07 ? there are a lot of problems with it in certain combinations..

and rule #1) don't test things in a production enviroment. That's not kerio's fault.. If you upgrade your softwre, TEST IT FIRST..

Not intended as flame.. But i see it soooo often, that people are freakin out about a upgrade gone bad in a live enviroment, and when you ask, WHY did you upgrade, they can't give you a valid reason.

•  
Malic

why not test the software before releasing it to the customers?

I payed for it. I want a working software.
Not this beta crap.
And i dont have the time/environment to test it on an island system....

this is not my work. its kerios....
and obviously they didnt test a **** of koc 6.0.7 with ol 2000.

and yes i can give you a valid reason why i upgraded. because the messages got stuck in the outbox of ol 2000 and you had to restart ol. A mayjoy bug... but THIS is completely freaky...
  •  
desquinn

testing an upgrade on a dev environment (e.g. vmware trial) is sensible procedure. Developers will NEVER get everything right and can NEVER envisiage every scenario that there product will be used in.

Frustration aside, it is sensible to testany new version prior to rolling it out to production, in fact it is just part of the same preparation as doing a whole backup is.

Des Quinn
  •  
Malic

oh cmon....
sending mails in outlook 2000
isnt an alien scenario....
  •  
harold

I also write software myself, but when I know that a specific item often gives problems I will surely test this item to the bottom.

And for as far as I know most small companies still use office 2000 and will only upgrade when really necesary. Also these small companies don't have the testing possebilitys that the bigger ones have (I don't have the time to do so, I get paid for production not for testing somebodys other product). And especialy these small companys buy Kerio because it is chaeper and easier to use than Exchange. So it would be logical to test better and when a upgrade is released also tell wich problems are not fixed so the customers have more information to decide if they upgrade.

Harold van Aarsen
  •  
desquinn

and you 100% sure that your environment is as standard as it possibly could be.

I am as annoyed as everyone else at the stumbling blocks that are stopping KMS from being a great and reliable product but I cant for 1 second believe that they did not test O2K like you are suggesting.

again the simplicity of the problem does not excuse the lack of testing in a non production environment. Believe me one environment is not like another. I have worked with developers as they made code, and then it went thru test environments that I helped manage. Even with each environment being the SAME, over time they became less standard and had distinct differences. This made for interesting troubleshooting, and restates the need for backups and pre production testing. If the software is important to you then it is important to follow this sort of regime.

Des Quinn
  •  
harold

I don't want to say they didn't test on OL2000, but the problem already several people have encountert should have been noticed at testing (we noticed it within 5 minutes after installing 607) and if some problems are there it is not somthing to be ashamed of if you inform your customers about it. Then they can make there decision.

And about enviroments, I know it (a program works fine on al systems exept one, but when you rebuild that system then it works fine. I this case there are several ?????)

Harold van Aarsen
  •  
IceBlue80

I too was a bit upset with Kerio about emails sticking in the outbox when using Windows Server 2003 and Outlook 2000. We got so frustrated with them we have updated to Outlook 2003. I must say that it has improved reliability with this config. But I agree with some that it does feel like we are getting a beta product. The support guys have been great.
  •  
geabaldyvx

The OL2k issue has been there since the begining for us. I have a handful of folks on O2k3 and it doesn't exsist there. I run Oxp at home and it functions fine. It seems to be a O2k specific issue. So far none of the fixes suggested to me have worked... SO.. until either A) we can afford to swap to O2k3 or B) Kerio fixes the issue.. My O2k machines will have to live without Synced Email boxes, calendars and contacts....

Oh well... them'z the breaks..
  •  
Kire

Absolutely sure that the OL2k problems have been there since the first release, but it got even worse with 606 and 607. E-mails are always stuck in the outbox. On every OL2k client there is!

And what I'm most afraid of (let's just hope I'm wrong, but I've seen similar actions with between Beta 6 and the official 6 release for WIN98 support) is that Kerio is simply gonna say with the 6.1 release they're not supporting OL2k anymore :-(

Let's put it this way: if they were really thinking about fixing those problems they should have done that already instead of worsening the problems. They're just not paying real attention to the OL2k support.
  •  
IceBlue80

KIRE...You are absoulutley right on I just wish Kerio would say that they are no longer going to support OL2k. All they would tell us was that they do not have this problem in OL2K3 and that the next fix should address the stuck emails in OL2k...

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 22:25]

•  
sedell

I got this a little while back in response to a support ticket dealing with the O2k problems. Hopefully it means that they will not drop support for O2k, and will eventually get it fixed. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I'm hoping 6.1 will finally address the O2k problems.

<snip>
Microsoft's "providers" bypasses MAPI altogether, so they are not susceptible to these problems. We have been on the phone with Microsoft for about 2 months now, and they will not release anything to help us. So, in 6.1 we are completely re-writing our own transport provider. Hopefully, our new transport provider will make it possible to fix all such problems.
</snip>

Scott

Previous Topic: POP3
Next Topic: Starting KerioMailServer via ssh
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:32:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00526 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.