Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Shared folders between domains
  •  
GregM

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone,

I'm new to KMS having only had a test install running for a couple of weeks. I have set it up so that we have two companies with separate domains but these companies would like to share common diaries and contacts. Is this possible? Can members of a secondary domain access the public folders of the primary domain or would I have to put the members of the secondary domain in the primary and set up aliases so that to the outside world they appear to be in a different domain?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg
  •  
Mayk

GregM wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 12:03

Hello everyone,

I'm new to KMS having only had a test install running for a couple of weeks. I have set it up so that we have two companies with separate domains but these companies would like to share common diaries and contacts. Is this possible? Can members of a secondary domain access the public folders of the primary domain or would I have to put the members of the secondary domain in the primary and set up aliases so that to the outside world they appear to be in a different domain?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

i'm a little bit numb right now, but if i remember correctly, it's the default that the public folders are shared between domains ? thére is a little checkbox in de domain config about it.. i'll look it up when i stop spacing from the painkillers.. :-)

•  
GregM

Thanks Mayk, I've searched everywhere in the admin panes and in the admin guide but can't find anything relevant.
  •  
GregM

OK, found the setting that determines if the public folders are unique to a domain or global. Now I have shared public folders, but I have lost the default internal contacts folder. Looks like I will now have to maintain the internal user list manually. Bit of a pain, any idea how I can get the default folder back or is it because I have changed the public folder status after creating the groups?
  •  
Mayk

check the permissions on the folder.

login with the administrative user (as defined in the control panel) into webmail. check the permissions, or recreate the folder..

I still did not check this, i'm ashamed.. And i again, don't have access to it <_at_> the moment.
Previous Topic: KOC stability/performance
Next Topic: Transferring Emails from Exchange to Kerio thru IMAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 14:07:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00382 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.