Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Mac address
  •  
romansadea

Send a private message to this user
In any given network kerio decides who has access to internet based on an IP address. Can kerio do this based on an mac address?

I'm asking this because an user can easilly change his IP address. A MAC address is harder to change.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 February 2005 00:34]

•  
wiper

no, thats one feature we wana see in future versions

//W
  •  
wiseman

this feature prevent networkhacker and others i hope kerio do it

notwrk searcher
  •  
Prodigy Freak

romansadea wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 03:00

In any given network kerio decides who has access to internet based on an IP address. Can kerio do this based on an mac address?

how did you do that? i want that also Smile
  •  
Almok

You can do this thing with help of Kerio DHCP server.
  •  
mcom

I'm not agree with you using DHCP server
Because any client in the LAN can assign a static IP and steal internet(if if autentification is based on IP)
  •  
winkelman

mcom wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 08:29

Because any client in the LAN can assign a static IP and steal internet(if if autentification is based on IP)

True, but any client can just as easily change their MAC address. (Well, maybe not 'just as easily', but easily enough anyway...)
  •  
Almok

winkelman wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 15:49

mcom wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 08:29

True, but any client can just as easily change their MAC address. (Well, maybe not 'just as easily', but easily enough anyway...)

If this client have the local administrative rights - he can do everything. Just decrease ones to "User" and no problem.
Previous Topic: Connection refused frequently
Next Topic: Secondary connection works when primary is up
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 04:39:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00470 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.