Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Interface blocked by KWF
  •  
kinjite

Send a private message to this user
Setup:
Windows XP as server
1x ADSL Dialup
2x 3Com Gigabit Lan:
Lan-1 : 192.168.0.1 - 255.255.255.0 (+/- 5 clients)
Lan-2 : 192.168.1.1 - 255.255.255.0 (+/- 10 clients)

Problem:
The first hours everything worked as a charm. But at a certain moment KWF blokked all traffic on Lan-1. Even a simple ping from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.2 didn't work, nor the opposite way.

Strange:
I think to myself...
I add a extra interface card (Lan-3), I change the IP to 192.168.0.1, and I set Lan-1 to 192.168.2.1

Lan-1 still doesnt work, but now Lan-3 works fine... till a few hours ago. Now Lan-1 AND Lan-3 are blokking all traffic...

Any help??

Regs
  •  
wiper

check logs, check rules, check routing tables (when occur) etc. Start with enable logging at interface and debug if needed.

/W
  •  
scadet7

Try changing the network with the address of 192.168.0.0 to say 192.168.3.0 and test.
Ensure to also check your advance options in the properties of the both network card to ensure that the windows firewall is not enabled.

Good luck
  •  
kinjite

I've tried that... without success

However, I've put in another Network Card, another model from 3Com... And everything seems to work fine now.

Maybe it is a bug when using multiple Gigabit lan cards from 3Com (model 3C2000)?

Lets hope that it stays that way Wink
  •  
water puts out fire

Is it a bug or is it a feature?

When you unplug a patch lead from the NIC, windows know the LAN is disconnected - kerio picks up on this and shuts down the firewall. (I could access my LAN and external router via a browser but that was all). Reboot the kerio PC and your back online.

Yup, its a feature for a paranoid IT manager
Yup, its a bug when you are commissioning and don't know it works this way.
Previous Topic: dns over vpn
Next Topic: Allowing Individual Application
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 03:05:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00365 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.