Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC must be default to send email??? Why?
  •  
digiclone

Send a private message to this user
I have just installed KerioMailserver 6.06 and KOC on 16 computers. These computers all had local pst files and used pop3/smtp before. So, I configured them with KOC, but left them with Personal folders and set outlook to deliver new mail to their personal folders since this is what they are used to. Unfortunately, no one can send mail this way as outlook reports "Unknown error". If I change the deliver new mail option to the KOC account then sending email works fine. Lots of companies use Exchange server, but keep email in everyone's own personal folder (pst) in order to save space on the server, but still allow users to be able to use public calendars, and contacts. Why can't this work with KOC? I guess I wil have to go back to each of the computers, uninstall KOC and create pop3 accounts and tell everyone they can't have any public folders, or force them to leave their mail in KMS.
  •  
zanet

It all depends on the version of Outlook you are using. Your setup works with Outlook XP (2002) oder 2003, but not with Outlook 2000. All will be different again with KMS 6.1. Coming soon??
  •  
digiclone

I tried it with Outlook 2003, 2002, and 2000. Same results with all three. What I had to do to get it to work was to install KOC and install an SMTP/Pop mail also pointing to KMS. This works, but is a pain and eliminates one of the reasons for using KOC (email appearing instantly instead of having to send/receive). Bummer. Hope this is fixed in 6.1.
  •  
KevinAtAPC

We've done it here, by just adding KOC to an existing Internet email setup. Changed the service for internet mail to kerio server and it works.
On delivery, other than delivering new mail to the PST the internet mail service needs to be processed first. Problem with this configuration is it a full duplicate tree in folder view and if your users aren't very literate, it can confuse them very easily. I think with this setup, the internet mail gets handled properly by putting it in the pst but the KOC functions independently.
Previous Topic: Possible to restrict group mailings to group members only?
Next Topic: Review on ZDNET
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 04:43:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00404 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.