Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Errors with encoding type
  •  
funman

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

Has anyone experienced troubles with the encoding type of the e-mails from or to a Kerio mailserver ???

We have strange thing here like UTF8 emails appearing like Western European (ISO)(with 2 characters replacing and accentuated one) or emails with accentuated characters removed and even utf8 mails which are Re-converted to utf8 which makes Kanji (japanese) characters appearing instead of the accentuated ones.

It seems random, I can't find a pattern on those wrong e-mails

•  
awj4

Send a private message to this user
YES!!!!

Kerio knows about the problem.

From Kerio support:
Yes, I can explain why the headers appear correctly, and not the body. Remember my previous description of the difference between the 7-bit characters (normal english letters) and the 8-bit characters (the upper-half of the ansi characters numbers 128-255)? Well, only 7-bit characters are allowed in the email headers according to the RFC (which I don't know the number of). So, the utf8-to-ansi conversion works just fine. Then, when it gets to the body, it does not work. This is also a problem for our Czech developers.

Thanks,
x
--
x
2nd Level Support Engineer
Previous Topic: IM in future release?
Next Topic: Thanks Kerio for a consistently terrific installation program!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 00:49:35 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00353 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.