Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.0.8 Impressions - please contribute
  •  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
As mail server admins, I'm sure most of us understand the implications of any version change. Some of us quietly wait for others to take the leap and learn from their experiences. Some of us (the ones with the luxuries of time and spare hardware) install updates on their test equipment to ensure proper functionality. Others, the most daring, make a backup and install the update.

I propose this thread as the place for all these types of admins to share and/or learn about 6.0.8 upgrade experiences. Of course, this entire discussion board is for such things - but if we keep this thread focused it may be useful.

To contribute, I suggest first listing your platform and OS (if you are comfortable doing so), your starting version of KMS, and details of how your clients primarily connect to KMS (webmail, Outlook 200X with KOC, AD or OD authentication, ect.). Next, indicate the ease of the installation and if any problems occured. Finally, focus on the specific fixes listed for KMS and KOC 6.0.8 - are the listed issues truely fixed in your installation.

To maintain the integrity of the discussion board, if you find a new problem specific to version 6.0.8, feel free to mention it here, but I would suggest the details of the problem be placed in a new topic in this forum.

Thanks to all who choose to contribute!

Regards,
Lyle Millander

[Updated on: Thu, 24 February 2005 16:56]

•  
KevinAtAPC

Our network is primarily Win2K + Office2K and we recently updated. 6.0.8 fixed the problem of using contacts but not editing them. It shows correctly but after trying to save, it fails and reverts to the previous version. I have not tried creating a new contact at this point or editing from within webmail nor have I had opportunity to see if the problem occurs within Office XP.

However, this has been the case with Outlook2K since we started using Kerio back with 6.0.3. Have not been able to edit contacts fully yet. I have not run across any other issues so far but will post any that crop up.
  •  
Lyle M

KMS 6.0.8 on Mac OS X Server 10.3.8
Original install 6.0.0 with upgrades to 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 6.0.4, 6.0.5, 6.0.6, 6.0.8

Client mix of Entourage 2001, v.X and 2004, Mail.app, Outlook 2000, 2003 (some with KOC), minimal webmail users.

Installation was smoothest so far. On 6.0.6, after a restart of KMS service, it usually took between 1 and 4 minutes before communication with OD was restored. 6.0.8 did not exhibit this behavior.

Played with the webmail calendar a bit. No 100% CPU utilization as yet. Did note continuing problem with all day events showing on both the actual day and the following day (discussed in another topic in this forum).

Will post more info as testing continues.

Cheers,
Lyle Millander
  •  
bperkins

KMS 6.0.8 on Redhat ES 3.0 System fully updated
Original install 5.7.2 with upgrades to every update. I have had to downgrade a couple times. I think only once with 6.x.x.
I have a good mix of clients (50% webmail, 15% POP with Outlook, 5% IMAP with Outlook, 25% KOC with Outlook 2003, 5% IMAP using Entourage X with about 150 total clients).

I've just installed 6.0.8 and initially looks great. It's too early for me to honestly recommend 6.0.8 to other admins, but so far so good. The install went fine as usual. I'm hoping the memory leaks are fixed. This has been my biggest complaint thus far is 100% CPU usage. I'll update here on the forum maybe in a week about this.

There are some calendar bugs that are annoying that are not fixed in 6.0.8 and it seems to be whole day events (look to other posts).

I would say so far (like I said, very early) that this is the best release since 6 was initially released.

Hope this helps,
BP
  •  
bperkins

My most noticeable first impression:

It's still probably too early for me to tell, but it seems that "Active Connections" aren't building up like they usually do. I think this is due to the memory leak fixes in this release. Usually under Console->Status->Active Connections there are a bunch of HTTPS connections that keep building up over time as the KMS uptime increases (when I know they aren't connected). I've suspected for a long time that this was the cause of my 100% CPU usage problem.

Trying not to get too excited, but this is a BIG fix for me personally.

BP
  •  
tek_san

6.0.8 on a Win2000 Server, Hp Proliant DL320 with 1GB RAM and Adaptec SCSI Controller and SCSI Disks to host the store directory on.
My first impression after the well working update (as usual ;-) is very positive. Webmail got a lot faster on our Macs.
As I want to start using it, this cam to me as a big and positive surprise.
I only use IMAP for my 160 Macs and 10 Pcs and it still works very well.
For me the update did well.

regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
Soup

What with everything else giving teething problems on our new Xserves at the moment, i though why not add 6.08 into the mix too.

The host machine is a dual 2.3Ghz G5 Xserve with 2Gb Ram and was upgraded from 6.07. The install was a peice of cake and everything seems fine, I tried a few of the client machines and they autoupdated the KOC, which I'm really impressed with.

I'll post any issues if they come up.

paul.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 February 2005 23:24]

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
germanr

Smooth install. KOC updated automatically.

I've also experienced a much better spam recognition in 6.0.8. than in previous versions. (although the release notes say nothing about spameliminator changes)

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
bperkins

I did speak too soon about the HTTP connections building up under Active Connections. They are still building up.

However, still no 100% CPU utilization and all still looks good. Everything is working like a charm (after 2days and 3 hours) ;-)

BP
  •  
Iassen Hristov

Actually I am observing IMAP connections building up, not HTTP. I have
connections as old as 1 week. On top of that it happens for some
connections from my computer and my client has always worked perfectly fine
and always closes correctly (closes the socket on the client side).

I am running KMS 6.0.6 on Suse Linux.
Anybody experiencing the same?

BTW: I have never seen a 100% CPU utilization.

--On Sunday, February 27, 2005 09:25 -0500 bperkins
<bperkins<_at_>plantbio.uga.edu> wrote:

>
> I did speak too soon about the HTTP connections building up under Active
> Connections. They are still building up.
>
> However, still no 100% CPU utilization and all still looks good.
> Everything is working like a charm (after 2days and 3 hours) ;-)

•  
sonofcolin

Iassen Hristov wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 10:37

Actually I am observing IMAP connections building up, not HTTP. I have
connections as old as 1 week.

I used to see this with IMAPS. Always with mobile connections. When the user puts the laptop to sleep, the connection stays active in KMS. Haven't seen it in 6.0.8 yet.

OS X 1.6 G5 2GB RAM
  •  
bperkins

Yeah, I have seen IMAP and IMAPS build up, but I get a whole lot more HTTP connection buildups. I don't know if this is a result of users just closing a browser without logging out or what.

We have a lot of Webmail users, so maybe I'm getting more than the average Admin.

Good to know I'm not the only one with connection buildup.

Thanks,
BP
  •  
sonofcolin

Did anyone file a bug report for these connections?
  •  
Tr!une

First off, I like the concept of this type of thread for Admins. Being the only IT guy with 100+ users, I am not one to install a new release without getting reactions first.

I have a Win2000 generic PC running KMS 6.0.6, 100+ users, mostly Win2k/XP with Outlook 2k. Not using KOC or IMAP, just POP3.

From what I understand, Outlook 2k doesn't work on alot of stuff. I went through a couple issues with tech support only to be told it won't work in 2k. Overall I am happy with the product.

I will definetely jump to 6.0.8 if the spam filters work better. I have noticed alot getting through.
Iassen Hristov

I am using only HTTPS, no HTTP.
I can see in the admin interface that an HTTPS session is very short lived.
It lasts about 1-2 minutes and it disappears, then creates a new one.

--On Monday, February 28, 2005 11:11 -0500 bperkins
<bperkins<_at_>plantbio.uga.edu> wrote:

>
> Yeah, I have seen IMAP and IMAPS build up, but I get a whole lot more
> HTTP connection buildups. I don't know if this is a result of users just
> closing a browser without logging out or what.
>
> We have a lot of Webmail users, so maybe I'm getting more than the
> average Admin.
>
> Good to know I'm not the only one with connection buildup.
>
> Thanks,
> BP
>
>

Previous Topic: wrong email addresses goes to admin
Next Topic: Advanced Statistics
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:19:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00555 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.