Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2000 and winmail.dat
  •  
pierlepe

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have an annoying problem:
In order to use KOC, we need Outlook 2000 sp3. But with this version, everytime one send an email with attachments, everything is grouped in a "winmail.dat" attachment, unreadable by macs or PC's not using Outlook. The solution of microsoft to use plain text or html format doesn't work. If we downgrade to Outlook 2000 SP1, this problem disappear...

Is it due to Kerio Mailserver?
Kerio is installed on a Mac OS 10.3.8, and accesed by PC's and macs.

Pierre
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

pierlepe wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 20:09

Hello,

I have an annoying problem:
In order to use KOC, we need Outlook 2000 sp3. But with this version, everytime one send an email with attachments, everything is grouped in a "winmail.dat" attachment, unreadable by macs or PC's not using Outlook. The solution of microsoft to use plain text or html format doesn't work. If we downgrade to Outlook 2000 SP1, this problem disappear...

Is it due to Kerio Mailserver?
Kerio is installed on a Mac OS 10.3.8, and accesed by PC's and macs.

Pierre

No, it is due to Outlook. Only e-mail client (Outlook in this case) is composing outgoing e-mail. KMS doesn't modify the format of attachments in e-mails.
  •  
plepeer

What I don't understand is that we had formerly a Cobalt mailserver with wich the problem was far less obvious, so I was wondering if the use of a mac-based server (Our Kerio is on mac), or the way Kerio Mailserver transmit the informations, could cause an accentuation of the problem.
For us, the use of KOC is impossible. With Outlook 2000 SP3, the problem of winmail.dat is general, and with SP1 we have no problem but KOC doen't install.
And we don't want to buy 30 licenses of Outlook 2003...
  •  
The1st

plepeer wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 14:08

For us, the use of KOC is impossible. With Outlook 2000 SP3, the problem of winmail.dat is general, and with SP1 we have no problem but KOC doen't install.
And we don't want to buy 30 licenses of Outlook 2003...

Try to set M$ Outlook to create a message as "plain text" only (not "HTML" or "RTF"). It'll help you.

/Vlad

[Updated on: Sun, 27 February 2005 14:50]

/Vladislav
  •  
pierlepe

I tried... without any change. So, we use Outlook 2000 SP1 and IMAP.
(No problem with Outlook Express in IMAP, 2003 with KOC or webmail...)
Previous Topic: How to install KOC 6.0.8 automaticaly with a login script ?
Next Topic: Fax plug-in
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 02:51:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.