Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Real Deal or Not!!
  •  
tundratech

Send a private message to this user
I have been evaluating the KMS and I have to say I am impressed in many areas:
1) Webmail is a nice interface, especially with right click contextual menus for the client.
2) Groupware is nice.
3) Setup is easy and management friendly.

I have some difficulty though:
1) Is there Tech Support? I submitted a ticket and haven't gotten a response. If I had deployed and had a problem, I feel like I would be in trouble.
2) Support Site/Knowledge base is a joke. It has very few postings and they are mostly trivial items.
3) For paid software, I would expect more. This seems more like open source, with a student developer.
4) WebClient and Outlook Connector don't have a caching feature to speed them up. On a slow connection remotely, it is unusable.

I really want to support this software, but if there is little to no interaction from the Mother Company, I am nervous. For example: KOC6.0.7 was really terrible! The company didn't recall it or notify that you should downgrade. I got that from the forum. That's an OpenSource solution (Help from the Users) rather than a support solution.

I am a FirstClass user, but my clients want Outlook functionality/use. I am use to a network of support/assistance. Kerio has a nice product that could go far, but improvement needs to take place for my deployment.

Like I said, I really like many parts of it, but cannot recommend it yet in it's present state.
  •  
Dr.Bob

I totally agree with what you saying. I submitted a ticket 6 days ago and haven't heard from them yet.
I think the software works and performs great in many areas, when you compare the administrative part with Exchange, Kerio is a zillion times better, but the way the communications are going is terrible.

I'd expect to see a satisfying post by a Kerio techie in 90% of the topics on this forum, how hard can that be. In stead you get the feeling that the program is less good than what it in reality is (because of the majority of negative postings) and they themselves are not here to extinguish the smallest amount of smoldering brushwood before it is becoming a big fire ...

I'd easily pay 50% extra to feel secured by a good support backend.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

tundratech wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 21:30

I have been evaluating the KMS and I have to say I am impressed in many areas:
1) Webmail is a nice interface, especially with right click contextual menus for the client.
2) Groupware is nice.
3) Setup is easy and management friendly.

Thank you for sharing of your opinion. It's not usual to get positive feedback from customers.
Quote:

I have some difficulty though:
1) Is there Tech Support? I submitted a ticket and haven't gotten a response. If I had deployed and had a problem, I feel like I would be in trouble.

Yes, our Kerio technical support can be contacted by e-mail, web-based eSupport system or phone. Contact informations are at http://www.kerio.com/support.html.
We have many certified partners in many countries worldwide. They provide complete services: help with deployment, technical support in your language and more.

I am not able to find the ticket you mentioned by your e-mail address in the eSupport system. What is the ticket number?
Quote:

2) Support Site/Knowledge base is a joke. It has very few postings and they are mostly trivial items.

Maybe these items seem trivial for you but there are listed most frequent problems and solutions. The customer can quickly find here answers for common questions.
Quote:

3) For paid software, I would expect more. This seems more like open source, with a student developer.

I suppose this item must be a joke.
Quote:

4) WebClient and Outlook Connector don't have a caching feature to speed them up. On a slow connection remotely, it is unusable.

We are working on off-line support for Kerio Outlook Connector. We are also considering solution for off-line WebMail. However, these services were always intended for online access to the mailbox on local network.
Standard methods for offline mail administration use different solution (like IMAP, POP3).
Quote:

I really want to support this software, but if there is little to no interaction from the Mother Company, I am nervous. For example: KOC6.0.7 was really terrible! The company didn't recall it or notify that you should downgrade. I got that from the forum. That's an OpenSource solution (Help from the Users) rather than a support solution.

I am a FirstClass user, but my clients want Outlook functionality/use. I am use to a network of support/assistance. Kerio has a nice product that could go far, but improvement needs to take place for my deployment.

Like I said, I really like many parts of it, but cannot recommend it yet in it's present state.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Dr.Bob wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 23:04

I totally agree with what you saying. I submitted a ticket 6 days ago and haven't heard from them yet.

I'm sorry, I've checked our eSupport system and there is no ticket with your e-mail address. What is the ticket number?
Quote:

I think the software works and performs great in many areas, when you compare the administrative part with Exchange, Kerio is a zillion times better, but the way the communications are going is terrible.

Thanks.
Quote:

I'd expect to see a satisfying post by a Kerio techie in 90% of the topics on this forum, how hard can that be. In stead you get the feeling that the program is less good than what it in reality is (because of the majority of negative postings) and they themselves are not here to extinguish the smallest amount of smoldering brushwood before it is becoming a big fire ...

Well, public discussion boards cannot be used for technical support purpose. In many cases the process of solving the problem requires sending of sensitive or confidential informations (IP addresses, login/passwords, logs, configuration files). That's why we have a very good eSupport system. You can be sure that no one else except support technician have access to these informations.
Quote:

I'd easily pay 50% extra to feel secured by a good support backend.

You can contact any of our resellers who provides support in your country. They often offer extra technical support service.
  •  
Dr.Bob

Hi Pavel,
my ticketID = CGT-24061 (Created On: 19 Feb 2005 05:09 PM) and today finally I got a reply: "I have forwarded your email to the sales account manager for your region. You should receive a reply shortly."

Unfortunately I don't see why a 100% technical question should be forwarded tot a sales person somewhere else. I'd prefer to get an answer from the developers themselves.

Maybe you can help me, and also thank you for getting involved in this thread!

dr.b
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Dr.Bob wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 13:44

Hi Pavel,
my ticketID = CGT-24061 (Created On: 19 Feb 2005 05:09 PM) and today finally I got a reply: "I have forwarded your email to the sales account manager for your region. You should receive a reply shortly."

Unfortunately I don't see why a 100% technical question should be forwarded tot a sales person somewhere else. I'd prefer to get an answer from the developers themselves.

Maybe you can help me, and also thank you for getting involved in this thread!

dr.b

Well, finally I know where was the problem. You've sent your 100% technical question to wrong department. It has been sent to Sales not Support. Support technicians don't have access to this private part of eSupport system thus they couldn't answer.

I'm sending the answer directly to your e-mail.
Previous Topic: Please, join in request to run as non-root
Next Topic: Problems with SMTP authorization
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:38:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00523 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.