Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Tell Me whats wrong with all messengers
  •  
shagee

Send a private message to this user
Hi Dear all of you
can any one tell me about what the hell with all messengers like msn and yahoo etc. at client end.

i m cable administrator and when i install kerio winrout on my pc all users are facing same prob.messenger disconnecting disconnecting kerio help and support team is sleeping all the time and doesnt any work on it. i m using kerio 6.09 regesterd verion not the cracked when i was using beta so they advised me sir plz regesterd it u will not face any prob but after regestring prbs are still running so plz help me what can i do now.
Shahan Alamtab
  •  
feite

for MSN Messenger create a traffic rule like this:

name: MSN Messenger
source: LAN
dest: internet
service: SIP, UDP 7001, Windows Messenger
log: packets (only when debugging, see filter log)
action: allow
translation: NAT default outgoing

Futhermore you should enable UPnP (advanced options / security settings). Make sure there is a traffic rule that allows UPnP traffic from LAN to firewall.

I have no knowledge about Yahoo.
  •  
shagee

Hi dear thanx for reply but my prob still running msn messengers
still disconnecting 3 times within 10 minuts at client end.i m worry about my cable net so plz help me
  •  
feite

Check the filter log for entries. If there are none, make sure packet logging is enabled for the traffic rules.
  •  
an2ny79

Assuming your traffic rule is logically correct....

Maybe you're barking at the wrong tree... Try to check your internet line. If it has no problem, maybe the computer with KWF installed is the culprit.

Try installing Messengers in firewall host (computer with KWF)... Check if problem still occured. Or lastly, install KWF using other computer or uninstall KWF at all. You just need to tweak one at a time to sort out the cause of your problems. Don't focus on one suspect, sometimes problems are cause by the things you least expect.

My thinking is... If KWF is the real culprit, why not all KWF users suffer?
  •  
shagee

Hi,
Thank you friends for ur support now msn messenger(is top of trafic policy, all ports allowed so it) disconnects after 30-45 minutes aproximately and my each friend is barring this problem who use kerio winroute firewall. Dear anthony Msn messenger does not signout automatically on firewall host (Computer with KWF).May be i m not configuring my kwf... but my friends also barring this problem ,however i want to check n learn your winroute.cfg file if u dont mind plz send it to me i will be very thank full to you.
Good Bye and have a nice day.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 March 2005 23:07]

Previous Topic: problem with pop3 and VPN
Next Topic: some help
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:50:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.