Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » POP3 and SMTP Configuration
  •  
nommy

Send a private message to this user

Hello Everyone,

What configuration do I have to make in Winroute Ver.6.0.1, such that the client can configure POP3 and SMTP settings in Outlook Express, instead of using Server Name on which Winroute is Installed.

e.g. My POP3 and SMTP servers are pop.yahoo.com and smtp.yahoo.com. When I make these settings in the Outlook Express, it doesn't work. But if I make this settings in Traffic Rule and use Winroute Server Name in the pop and smtp servers of Outlook Express it works fine.

Can anyone tell me how can I make my outlook Express work without using Winroute Server Name and instead use the actuall POP and SMTP servers.

Bye,
Nommy.
  •  
feite

For POP3/SMPT traffic from LAN to internet use the following traffic rule:

name: e-mail NAT
source: LAN
dest: internet
service: POP3, SMTP
action: allow
log: connection, packet (packet for debugging)
translation: NAT default outgoing
protocol inspector: default

If the rule above does not help set the protocol inspector to none.

Outlook express should have the smpt.hotmail.com and pop3.hotmail.com addresses specified.
  •  
nommy

Hi,

I created the Traffic Rule as described and also set the Protocol Inspector =None. But still I cannot download my mails using actual POP3 and SMTP Setting in Outlook Express.

Please reply ASAP

Bye,

Nommy
  •  
feite

Create a rule and place it above the smpt/pop3 rule:

name: test hotmail
source: lan
dest: internet
service: any
log: packets
action: allow
translation: nat default outgoing interface
protocol inspector: none

Try to make a connection and check the filter log for entries. Try to find out which port (service) is used. Maybe its http/https.
Previous Topic: 2 PC, 1 ADSL and the NAT
Next Topic: Problem changing/creating rules
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 10:28:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00352 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.