Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Messages Stuck in Outbox
  •  
Soup

Send a private message to this user
Some of our users (mix of Outlook 2003 and XP) are finding that if they misform an email address and send it, they get non-stop replies informing them of an undeliverable email. The email in question does not show up in the Outlook Outbox but can be seen and deleted in the Web Interface.

The reason it keeps happening is because the mail mnigration wizard exported all internal mail as user<_at_>unspecified-domain. When Outlook auto-completes the addresses as the user types it ads unspecified-domain instead of our domain name.

So the email is sent to user<_at_>unspecified-domain and then gets stuck and results in continouous NDR's until the user logs into the web interface

Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

Paul.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2005 15:09]

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
bperkins

We get the same thing, except we can see the message in the Outbox in Outlook, we just can't delete it. We have to go into webmail and delete it. I'm assuming this will be fixed in 6.1.

BP
  •  
sedell

I've been in contact with support about the issue. It's bad with Outlook 2000. Just about every message gets stuck. The problem is the MAPI transport, and Microsoft refuses to part with any information. Per support "... in 6.1 we are completely re-writing our own transport provider." Hopefully 6.1 will fix the problems once and for all. Keeping my fingers crossed on that.

•  
Soup

Seems like I keep seeing this same reply (6.1 will fix it). I hope this new version lives up to all it's expectations :)

Paul.

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
sedell

So do I.

Scott

>Seems like I keep seeing this same reply (6.1 will fix it). I hope this new version lives up to >all it's expectations :)

>Paul.

Previous Topic: mail going slow ?
Next Topic: Kerberos / windows / imapi errors
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:52:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00633 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.