Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SV: 100% CPU Usage Outlook XP when Attaching File
  •  
awj4

Messages: 79
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user

>The CPU loads are on the client, the server doesnt show much CPU usage. The client machine is basically unusable while >>the CPU is at 100%. This is on a Pentium 3 1GHz machine, 512MB RAM, W2K SP4. Outlook XP SP3 is fully patched.
>
>I loaded Outlook XP on another machine and saw the same problem.

>Anyone seen this?

You are not alone. I´m running Outlook 2003 and KMS 6.0.7.

-
Anders




  •  
Mayk

Messages: 105
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
awj4 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 17:57


>The CPU loads are on the client, the server doesnt show much CPU usage. The client machine is basically unusable while >>the CPU is at 100%. This is on a Pentium 3 1GHz machine, 512MB RAM, W2K SP4. Outlook XP SP3 is fully patched.
>
>I loaded Outlook XP on another machine and saw the same problem.

>Anyone seen this?

You are not alone. I´m running Outlook 2003 and KMS 6.0.7.

-
Anders




have you tried 6.08 ?

  •  
rhunter

Messages: 79
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
I am using 6.08. This was the original post:

--------------

I have a problem with 100% CPU usage when I attach a file in Outlook XP via KOC. I'm using 6.08, but this has been present with several releases. It goes to 100% as soon as I click insert. Attachments less than 500KB don’t result in much of a hang. I did some timings:

1MB, 15 seconds at 100%
2MB, 65 seconds at 100%
3.9MB, 4 min 26 sec at 100%
13MB, Gave up and killed Outlook at 16 minutes.

The CPU loads are on the client, the server doesnt show much CPU usage. The client machine is basically unusable while the CPU is at 100%. This is on a Pentium 3 1GHz machine, 512MB RAM, W2K SP4. Outlook XP SP3 is fully patched.

I loaded Outlook XP on another machine and saw the same problem.

Anyone seen this?
  •  
digiclone

Messages: 82
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
This is a KMS feature not a bug! All of our computers do this with the KOC. It would appear that it takes a lot of CPU horsepower to do all the KOC/Mapi translation that is taking place. Just try importing some large .pst files and watch the cpu spike to 100% for hours on end! I sure hope this is fixed in 6.1. At least we can hope!

[Updated on: Tue, 08 March 2005 22:59]

  •  
rhunter

Messages: 79
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
I opened a ticket with tech support and they said it was an unusual problem. Please open a ticket also if you havent already.

I've been hoping that every release along the way would fix it, but it hasnt happened yet. I dont hold out much hope for 6.1.

I would think its easy to reproduce since I put OL XP on a clean install, patched it, loaded KOC and it has the 100% usage problem immediately. It does it every time I try to send an attachment.

Is this limited to OL XP? Has anyone seen this with OL 2000 or 2003?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Messages: 5245
Karma: 251
Send a private message to this user
digiclone wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 22:56

This is a KMS feature not a bug! All of our computers do this with the KOC. It would appear that it takes a lot of CPU horsepower to do all the KOC/Mapi translation that is taking place. Just try importing some large .pst files and watch the cpu spike to 100% for hours on end! I sure hope this is fixed in 6.1. At least we can hope!


No, this is not a KMS feature, it's really a bug. This problem will be solved in KOC 6.0.9. Thank you for your report.
  •  
KevinAtAPC

Messages: 30
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
rhunter wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 15:10

Is this limited to OL XP? Has anyone seen this with OL 2000 or 2003?



I have not had a problem with it in OL 2000.
  •  
digiclone

Messages: 82
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
PavelDobry wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 06:42

digiclone wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 22:56

This is a KMS feature not a bug! All of our computers do this with the KOC. It would appear that it takes a lot of CPU horsepower to do all the KOC/Mapi translation that is taking place. Just try importing some large .pst files and watch the cpu spike to 100% for hours on end! I sure hope this is fixed in 6.1. At least we can hope!


No, this is not a KMS feature, it's really a bug. This problem will be solved in KOC 6.0.9. Thank you for your report.


Thanks Pavel! That is good to know. This has just been the case for so long, I assumed it must be a Kerio feature and not a bug! :) It will be nice to see this fixed. Thank-you.
Previous Topic: [resolve] client webmail (php...) crash the server... what can I do ?
Next Topic: Import CA ROOT
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 13:01:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00491 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.