Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mozilla Sunbird and KMS
  •  
jimf

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone gotten Mozilla Sunbird or Calendar to sync with a KMS 6 calendar? Seems like it should be possible since KMS supports webDAV, but I'm not having much luck.

Any ideas?

Jim
  •  
KellyMc

I would love to be able to do that and I believe I was told by Kerio at some point that they are working toward sync capability with other calendar applications.

However, just now taking a look at the calendar via the command line, it appears that the server structures the calendar the same as any e-mail folder, with events stored as specially-formatted e-mail messages (.eml files).

This would lead me to believe that the KMS calendar doesn't use the icalendar standard, although I don't know much about that standard itself.

Anyone else?
  •  
jonbrain

Currently I don't think there is anyway to show your calendar in anything else apart Outlook and Webmail.

6.1 is going to support the iCal protocol. This will mean programs like Sunbird and iCal (on the mac) will be able to.

Unfortunately 6.1 has been delayed again.
  •  
jimf

jonbrain wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 05:09

Currently I don't think there is anyway to show your calendar in anything else apart Outlook and Webmail.

6.1 is going to support the iCal protocol. This will mean programs like Sunbird and iCal (on the mac) will be able to.

Unfortunately 6.1 has been delayed again.

Thanks, I had a feeling that Kerio was jumping the gun a bit in their docs and webDAV is not fully implemented now.

As things stand now then, Kerio's groupware capabilities are limited to webmail and Micro$oft bloatware. Hopefully this support will be added in 6.1, then we'll have a platform that'll allow us to consider some real alternatives.

Jim
  •  
ebatte

FYI I have gotten Sunbird and Mozilla calender extension for t-bird to work, but not without problems.

sometimes it claims it does not have permission to write data to the calendar file. I have also noticed that the days are shifted by one day when I veiw the same calendar files side-by-side in sunbird and the calendar extension in t-bird.

Eric
  •  
KellyMc

I've synced Sunbird successfully, although haven't used it extensively yet. Download the manual and follow the iCal instructions.

However, I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of actually using it. You can view a Kerio calendar in Sunbird, but if you publish changes back to Kerio, the calendar becomes read-only in Kerio. I might have users focus on their Sunbird/iCal, and use Kerio as a shared calendar resource. But not being able to edit in Kerio lowers its usefulness as a remote calendar tool.
Previous Topic: R6025 pure virtual function call error
Next Topic: Move User across domain?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 02:39:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00362 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.