Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail Password
  •  
virii1

Send a private message to this user
When typing in your webmail password, you will notice that asterisk's take the place of the typed letters. In some cases, a different browser version will display a masked password as dots. Using Snadboy's Revelation program, these asterisks and dots can be translated back into original text. Although the program can only translate the password it's being typed in, it would be good to know that there is no way that the password could be guessed or even cracked. Does anyone have any opinions on this? Is this an update for a later version of KMS, or am I just wasting my time?
  •  
sedell

Send a private message to this user
The stars or dots is part of the HTML spec and built into the browsers. That can't be changed.

As far as passwords being guessed, you'd have to enforce some sort of password complexity rules. If you're tied to Active Directory, you can specify this in Group Policy. I'm assuming the non-windows directory servers have something similar.

If you're worried about the password being cracked, I'm guessing by brute force, you can enable "Account lockout" under Advanced Options/Security Policy.

Scott

Previous Topic: Kerio on Linux with AD accounts
Next Topic: IMAP speed on Entourage X
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:55:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00431 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.