Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » A little concerned..
  •  
gmsmith

Send a private message to this user
I am on the eve of launching KerioMail for a small sized company (16 mailboxes). I am reading some of the issues that have been detailed here and I am starting to get a little worried. We are running 6.08 on Fedora Core 3. I don't want to spend a whole lot of time managing Kerio (standard admin stuff is fine).

So I guess my questions are:

1) Of the problems you are experiencing, are any so bad you would suggest I pull the plug on the migration to Kerio?

2) Is Kerio's tech support responsive? I put in a ticket during the trial license and it took 3 days to respond with "oh yeah that version had bugs, upgrade to 6.08" I assumed this was because I didn't have a license and wasn't a priority

3) All of our clients are Entourage 2004, any specific problems folks have noticed with 2004?

Thanks
Greg
  •  
jonbrain

I dont't have any problems with Entourage users. Entourage as default caches the mailbox so performance is good.

Outlook on PC currently doesn't cache anything locally, and this where most of the problems come from, especially the slow speed.
  •  
Tr!une

As a fellow smaller company admin, I would say KMS works very well for the smaller installs. I have 115 users and very little trouble. KMS does its job and I don't have to worry about it.

I run KMS on win2k with mostly POP3 and a few webmail users.

•  
peterj

IMAP & Entourage access isn't really the problem.

There are some issues sith zombie IMAP sessions & memory leakage.

The main problems are with the awful webmail interface and the Outlook connector.

If you don't need the collaboration then there are cheaper & better (more stable) products.

Previous Topic: Do we have some better webmail software/script for KMS ?
Next Topic: How to install OD-extensions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:26:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.