Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Confusion between Type of Internet connection
  •  
will.resendes

Send a private message to this user
On Page 62 of the manual u are asked to pick your connection type. It is unclear which to pick. The first option is Ethernet, DSL, Cable. The second is Modem, ISDN, PPPoE. Funny thing is that I use DSL that requires PPPoE. So which one do I pick from.

Is this the correct course of action:

Install RasPPPoE on the interface connected to the DSL Modem.
Creat a "dial up" adapter using the RasPPPoE
Pick the second option that I meantioned above (Page 62)
Use login data from the Ras Entry (after I set it up of course)

Then use this interface as my external for trafiic rules and not the actual interface adapter. Hopefully this will allow the adapter to show up under interfaces and allow me to keep a persistent connection.

Thank you
Previous Topic: BUG or what: Win2003+2NIC's+ADSL+KWF 6.0.9
Next Topic: Winroute disables gzip compression for web pages...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:28:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00333 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.