Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Anybody seen KMS 6.1 at CEBIT?
  •  
mazzel

Send a private message to this user
I haven't got the time to go there myself, but I'm looking forward to hear/see what's in the 6.1 and what not!!

Mazzel
  •  
premgit

Yes I've met Jan Vobruba of Czech Kerio Technologies and he has shown me a running version of KMS 6.1. What I've seen is impressive. I didn't take the time to see if all reported bugs or issues are fixed. Public beta will be available in a few weeks.

Some highlights
double webmail (choice at login)
- simple one for dial-in connections. This one looks and feels like we know of KMS 5.7.4 only cuter. In viewing mode you can delete emails or go to the next one. It brings all IMAP functionalities plus shared adressbooks.
- usual webmail with all outlook functions

Better administration
- user can be configured to have administration rights per domain
- checkbox to allow only internal mails do be sent

General
- Offline mode in KOC available by use of a syncing tool to sync between sere server and client (havn't been able to test that functionality)
- about speed I can't make any comments as there was only little data on the server

Stability and the bugginess will be crucial, once KMS 6.1 will come out. If all or most of the promises are fulfilled it will be a great step forward.

Premgit G. Roesli - CompuLink Switzerland
  •  
lebobo

I'll go to Cebit monday and tuesday. I'll try to met a member of Kerio Team and I'll report informations in this forum...
  •  
My IT Indy

I'm starting to wonder why Kerio doesn't just put some screenshots up on their website and list the features themselves. This seems a bit ridiculous to me that we have to rely on somebody to talk to the company at a trade show to find out anything.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

I went to CeBit this weekend (Saturday and Sunday)

premgit wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 17:16

Yes I've met Jan Vobruba of Czech Kerio Technologies and he has shown me a running version of KMS 6.1. What I've seen is impressive. I didn't take the time to see if all reported bugs or issues are fixed. Public beta will be available in a few weeks.

I can confirm that, I visited them to, and I was told they had a Internal Beta of 6.1 now and are planning for a Public one within a few weeks

premgit also wrote

Some highlights
double webmail (choice at login)
- simple one for dial-in connections. This one looks and feels like we know of KMS 5.7.4 only cuter. In viewing mode you can delete emails or go to the next one. It brings all IMAP functionalities plus shared adressbooks.
- usual webmail with all outlook functions

Better administration
- user can be configured to have administration rights per domain
- checkbox to allow only internal mails do be sent

General
- Offline mode in KOC available by use of a syncing tool to sync between sere server and client (havn't been able to test that functionality)
- about speed I can't make any comments as there was only little data on the server

Stability and the bugginess will be crucial, once KMS 6.1 will come out. If all or most of the promises are fulfilled it will be a great step forward.

What they showed me:
- Double Virus Scanner (internal McAffee and an external at the same time)
- Webmail logo per domain

and some more I forget to remember / mention
  •  
alldates

What about of SPF? Does KMS 6.1 support SPF?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes, KMS 6.1 extends anti-spam capabilities and supports also Sender Policy Framework.
  •  
jshaw541

PavelDobry wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 11:22

Yes, KMS 6.1 extends anti-spam capabilities and supports also Sender Policy Framework.

To Pavel:
What sorts of extending of anti-spam? ;) Will my feature request for the option of quarantining/dropping spam messages with a score greater than x finally see the day of light?

To the other fellow: SpamAssassin 3.0 includes SPF support. SpamAssassin is (some of) what KMS uses. So yeah, one way or another KMS will support SPF, I reckon.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Hi jshaw541,

I believe you can quarantine spam messages by forwarding them to another special e-mail account. In this case the spam message can be silently discarded.

In KMS 6.1 is possible to discard the message or increase spam score in blacklists (public or personal), Caller-ID, SPF or custom spam rules. Each user can also maintain own whitelist based on contacts in his addressbook or by filter rules. Per-user based whitelist checks e-mail address of the sender, global whitelist allows server IPs.

SPF support in KMS is done by own way, we do not use implementation in SA 3.0. This allows better control over SPF checks.

KMS 6.1 has also one pro-active protection against spams but I will not publish any details at this moment.
  •  
jshaw541

PavelDobry wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 13:17

Hi jshaw541,

I believe you can quarantine spam messages by forwarding them to another special e-mail account. In this case the spam message can be silently discarded.

This appears to be currently impossible. I've tried and tried to come up with all sorts of tricks to no avail. I've spent a lot of time with this.

SpamElimator rules are run, by design and necessity, before a message's SpamAssassin headers are inserted. (You can't insert SA headers before the total is tallied).

I submitted this feature request at least a year ago, perhaps 2 or 3. I think its a good feature, as amavisd, etc support it, but haven't seen it show up in KMS yet.

My guess is that this feature would be simple for KMS programmers to add. It would probably be implemented just like the "Spam Filter->Action->If message's score is higher than" scheme, by adding another, nearly identical level to it.

For example, the existing one would be the "mark messages with a score greater than x as spam". In addition there would be another level under it that allowed you to perform additional actions if the score was greater than y. Obviously y would be greater than x.

It would be cool if KMS implemented this. Then I could get rid of our postfix/spamassassin/amavisd box we have running to do our spam filtering and quarantining.

This is currently a serious hassle for us. If any of this is unclear to you, let me know. I try to whisper in every Kerio employee's ear about this whenever I get a chance.

Quote:

In KMS 6.1 is possible to discard the message or increase spam score in blacklists (public or personal), Caller-ID, SPF or custom spam rules. Each user can also maintain own whitelist based on contacts in his addressbook or by filter rules. Per-user based whitelist checks e-mail address of the sender, global whitelist allows server IPs.

way cool

Quote:

SPF support in KMS is done by own way, we do not use implementation in SA 3.0. This allows better control over SPF checks.

I prefer this way, too.

Quote:

KMS 6.1 has also one pro-active protection against spams but I will not publish any details at this moment.

No problem :). We appreciate the info you DO give us ;)

Jacob

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

I forgot to mention that the Antispam functionality has been improved alot like PavelDobry said
Previous Topic: Users losing all email
Next Topic: about users send to out domain!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 15:48:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00450 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.