Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook - Find
  •  
digiclone

Send a private message to this user
I have a number of users complaining that when using the find function in outlook it only finds whole words and not partials now that we are on KMS. For example, say they want to search for the word "somewhere" in all their email, so they click on Find and type in "somew", before KMS it would find all email with the word "somewhere" in it. Now with KMS it finds nothing unless they type in the full word. Anyone else run into this issue or know of a workaround?
  •  
rhunter

Send a private message to this user
I see the same thing here (KMS/KOC 6.08). It also seems to only search in the Subject and From fields from Outlook XP even when using the advanced search to search the message body. I cant get it to search in the message body which is problematic. If you look in Webmail, it's search pulldown is limited to sender and subject, so, I guess that same limitation gets applied to Outlook also. If you can search one, why not allow searches on any field available? The algorithm already exists...

I tried some wildcard characters for the substring searches and didnt get anywhere.
Previous Topic: Openldap
Next Topic: Users losing all email
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:06:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00336 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.