Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Importing Users from AD
  •  
tbaker

Send a private message to this user
I have imported users from AD, but I want to get all the other information from AD not just username and description. Mainly for the address book. I want to be able to see what department and phone numbers etc. How can I do this???
  •  
jshaw541

tbaker wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 11:13

I have imported users from AD, but I want to get all the other information from AD not just username and description. Mainly for the address book. I want to be able to see what department and phone numbers etc. How can I do this???

Imported how? You imported from AD into KMS's LDAP server?

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
tbaker

Under users, click import and then point to your D/C. Then it queries the server and gives you a list to choose from. I want to get the other information from A/D. There is an advanced button that allows you to select what to filter (I think).
  •  
jshaw541

tbaker wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 09:48

Under users, click import and then point to your D/C. Then it queries the server and gives you a list to choose from. I want to get the other information from A/D. There is an advanced button that allows you to select what to filter (I think).

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

This is not how you do it. What you're trying to do is import AD users into KMS's internal user database. This threw me off when I first started using KMS, too.

What you want to do is launch KMS Admin Console and set up your domain in KMS. Then, you want to:

- Go to the "Directory Services" tab of the domain's settings.
- Check "Map users and groups from a directory service to this domain"
- Select the "Directory Service Type".
- Fill in your DC information.
- Remap the domain if you need to.
- Then, go to the "Advanced" tab and fill in your Kerberos realm. It should be whatever your AD domain is.

That should be all you have to do. Now, as users start using KMS, their account will show up in the KMS Admin Console. Even though they show up here, they are not being converted to "local" accounts.

Hope that helps,
Jacob

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
tbaker

I loaded the active directory extensions and now have e-mail addresses pulled automatically, but I still do not get the buisness information pulled to the address book. I only get username and e-mail address in the address book.
  •  
theskillster

has anyone been able to import users from AD who have smartcard requirements?
kerio outlook connector and kerio webmail do not seem to work properly with users who have smartcard requirements.
Previous Topic: KMS 6.1 Beta - Garbage characters in emails
Next Topic: Exporting All Public (Contact) Folders to LDIF for merge with LDAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 19:02:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00389 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.