Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Passwords
  •  
virii1

Send a private message to this user
2 Questions:

1) How do I change the administrator password after Kerio Mailserver is up and running (v6.0.8)

2) What file(s) are the user passwords stored and how can I view them once they have been created?
  •  
lebobo

Password is encrypted in file user.cfg
  •  
virii1

Is there any way to convert the file to plain text?
  •  
lebobo

No, I think it's a hash methode (irreversible encryption) BUT you can use MasterPassword or change the password into the Admin GUI.
  •  
jmripert

From documentation :

"
How do I reset the password for a user if I've lost access to the administration?

Settings for all users are stored in the users.cfg file located in the 'install path/MailServer' directory. Stop the KMS service/engine and edit the users.cfg file using notepad. You will see that each user has a password field with an encrypted password value. Replace the content of this field with 'NUL:yourpassword'. Note that NUL indicates that the password is in plaintext. After logging into the administration you can edit the password so that it will be encrypted in the users.cfg file.
"
Previous Topic: Server Platform Preferences
Next Topic: Address Books
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 14:33:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00870 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.