Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to clean KMS garbage (metadata.pag/folders etc)?
  •  
The1st

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
Can anybody help me to discard all those garbage that KMS collect in "metadata.pag" files/"working directories"? These files/ take up to 40-60% of mail storage:
- I've got 40-60 users
- "storage" is ~3.5Gb
- mail messages/tasks/contacts and other data occupy ~2Gb
- rest ~1.5GB(!!) - garbage."metadata.pag" files and unknown very long folders like: "keriomapi__STORE/__keriomapi__STORE_ROOT/Search Root/&BB0ENQQ,BEAEPgRHBEIENQQ9BD0ESwQ1- &BD8EOARBBEwEPAQw-...."

There are plenty of users that do not have any message/task/contact or any other data in their mailfolders but there are still huge 100-200Mb files "metadata.pag" into every inbox/sent/contacts and other folders.

/Vlad

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 23:11]

/Vladislav
  •  
peterj

if you delete the metadata.pag files you will lose custom folder views & they will need setting up again.

Besides the pag file will only build up again.

As for Search Folders if you do not use these in outlook 2003 then they can be deleted but I imagine the root fldr will simply be re-created.

•  
The1st

peterj wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 07:28

if you delete the metadata.pag files you will lose custom folder views & they will need setting up again.

Besides the pag file will only build up again.

As for Search Folders if you do not use these in outlook 2003 then they can be deleted but I imagine the root fldr will simply be re-created.

1.My users do not use any special either "custom setting" nor "mapped folders" , so I can not accept this explanation.
F.i.: User added abt 800 contacts to his 'Contacts' folder (he copied them from *.pst). All those 800 files are ~5Mb, but
"metadata.pag" rises instantly up to 160Mb without any "custom folder views" . After all contacts were deleted, "metadata.pag" stays the same size of 160 Mb.

2.Most of my users do not use OL 2003 (they use OL XP), but "working directories" there are in every of their mailfolders.

/Vladislav
  •  
peterj

I wasn't saying that the contents of the metadata files was solely views etc but warning that if deleted these are lost.

Frankly I'm surprised you haven't got better things to do than worry about the filesw KMS creates, even if you delete them they will be immediately re-created and soon back up to the same size.

Previous Topic: Webmail in frame
Next Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.0.8 on Linux Super SLOWWWW
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 19:33:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.