Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » A Couple Of Questions
  •  
Mavhack

Send a private message to this user
I've been trying to get a couple of answers to questions I have about Winroute, off Kerio in the UK, to no Avail. So I am hoping that someone here can help!!!!!

Right we have 100 PC's connected to a standard network, with 2 x 8Meg SDSL connections, all running on Win XP. What we are trying to achieve is the following......

We want to set Winroute Firewall, so that before anyone has any access to the internet they have to login. At present they can still recieve emails etc, but not browse the web.

Also the two connections, we want to use one for general web access and the other for specific access, ie VPN and custom Software that we run that connects 3 sites.

Our thrid problem is that we want to be able to block specific email addresses from incoming and outgoing mails. We presently run 2 external mail servers and decommisioning these is not really an option.

Our final problem is that we can't seem to get the VPN client software talking to the server properly. It connects assigns a DHCP address, but we don't appear to have access to the office network, from the remote PC. ie the remote PC can't use file and printer sharing etc.

I know there are a few questions there, but I need answers to them before we commit to spending large amounts of money on something that may not be suitable for the job.

Thanks

Simon
  •  
feite

Send a private message to this user
We want to set Winroute Firewall, so that before anyone has any access to the internet they have to login. At present they can still recieve emails etc, but not browse the web.

--> specify at the source of your traffic rules an usergroup. Make sure that the rule for login does have LAN at the source otherwise users can not login.

Also the two connections, we want to use one for general web access and the other for specific access, ie VPN and custom Software that we run that connects 3 sites.

--> use specific default gateways for the subnets that belong to the 3 sites. Set that gateway to connection 2. Set the default gateway to connection 1.

Our thrid problem is that we want to be able to block specific email addresses from incoming and outgoing mails. We presently run 2 external mail servers and decommisioning these is not really an option.

--> If you want only access to the 2 external mailservers (only mail in/out through the mailservers) restrict the source (incomming rule) and destination (outgoing rule) to the addresses of those 2 mailservers.
Previous Topic: port scan to 255.255.255.255???
Next Topic: Winroute 6.0.9 NAT Clients Problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 10:31:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00339 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.