Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » problem with linux system message
  •  
james98

Send a private message to this user
I am trying Kerio Mailserver 6.0.8 for Linux on a Suse 9.2. Mail from outside works fine, but I cannot receive the mail generated from the server, like root message, crontab message or message sent from http server.
I have created a user named root and it receives mail from outside.
If I try to send a mail from command line using pine it responds: Error sending: SMTP greeting failure: 421 SMTP connection went away!

How can I fix the situation?

Thanks

james
  •  
nickrooster

Well, the response depends on from which server your mails are coming from.
If they are on the same box
1) Is your box's host name the same as the domain name you are serving?
2) Have you tried making a domain alias to the hostname of the box?
3) have you set up sendmail to relay to the proper domain? (As an aside, I like to use webmin to get my initial sendmail config out of the way, as it is extremely simple)

If they are on different boxes:
1) Make sure that that box's sendmail options allow relay to the proper address
2) Set up mailserver to allow relay from the other box (You might even have to do that if it is one the same box, but I don't think so.).
3) Test!

I have 3 servers set up to forward system mails to my KMS. Works like a charm.

-Nick
  •  
james98

nickrooster wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 19:12

Well, the response depends on from which server your mails are coming from.
If they are on the same box
1) Is your box's host name the same as the domain name you are serving?
2) Have you tried making a domain alias to the hostname of the box?
3) have you set up sendmail to relay to the proper domain? (As an aside, I like to use webmin to get my initial sendmail config out of the way, as it is extremely simple)

Mail came frome the same box where kerio is istalled.
Point 1 and 2 are OK.
What do you mean with "set up sendmail to relay to the proper domain"? I have disabled the native postfix that suse install because on port 25 answer KMS. So there is only KMS configured for that domain.

Thanks
  •  
nickrooster

I'm sorry -- disregard number 3 unless you are hosting it on a different box. I had sendmail disabled on my box as well, so it is just KMS running on port 25.

Under the domain settings block in the admin console, if you click on users, find the one you want mail sent to. Make sure that in the mail addresses tab they have another address with the hostname of the box. (e.g. root<_at_>mailsrv.com)

Also, in the aliases setting on the left side of the admin console, two under users, make sure that you have root<_at_>mailsrv.local or whatever aliased to root<_at_>mailsrv.com or whatever address you want to pick mails up from. Then try to send a mail to root<_at_>mailsrv.com from an outside mailserver, and see if it comes through. If so, you should be getting system mails now.

-Nick
Previous Topic: Mail sat in queue
Next Topic: Using external Mcafee?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:29:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00358 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.