Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Catch all account?
  •  
darkcentrino

Send a private message to this user
Hallo,

how can i create a "catch all" account?
I didn't find it in the forum or in the help.
Thanks

Peter
  •  
peterj

I assume you mean a mailbox in KMS which receives all mail for a particular domain???

Use a wildcard alias of * and route it to the mailbox you wish.
  •  
RVSDoor

Kerio MailServer 6 Administrator's Guide Page 93, Chapter 7.3 - Aliases... Item #2 states:

"Messages sent to invalid addresses (addresses in which the part before <_at_> does not correspond with any user account or alias) can be delivered to a specified user (typically the administrator.) Use the following alias to achieve this:

*->admin

Kerio MailServer will consider these messages as undeliverable and bounce them back to the senders unless this alias is defined."

This is better known to the rest of us as a "catch-all" account. Hope this helps.
  •  
peterj

That is what I had already suggested!!!

Pay attention!
  •  
RVSDoor

What the F--K crawled up your as- ??!!?? I was just trying to lend help (which is what this forum if for - duh) and you come off with your smart as- comments! Pay attention yourself, this is about helping people - not presenting yourself as a piece of sh-t! Why don't you go over to eBay where people are used to getting reamed!!! Leave this forum and don't come back. Jesus! Who moderates this anyway. Is there ANY accountability in the world anymore?
  •  
RVSDoor

peterj, obviously I have a short temper. I appologize. How about we BOTH stick to the agenda of lending help to those who request it? Sorry, Mike.
  •  
peterj

Calm down newbie.

If you had read the response you would have seen the suggestion.
I find repeating myself (& having others do it for me) tiresome.
  •  
Colin

Actually, you don't have to repeat anything. That's your choice.

On 03/31/2005 12:37 PM, "peterj" <peter<_at_>abacusbc.co.uk> wrote:

>
>
> Calm down newbie.
>
> If you had read the response you would have seen the suggestion.
> I find repeating myself (& having others do it for me) tiresome.
>
>
>

•  
desquinn

peterj wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 18:37

Calm down newbie.

If you had read the response you would have seen the suggestion.
I find repeating myself (& having others do it for me) tiresome.

and you have been guilty of repeating others "answers" recently as well (albeit with more detail as in this case).

also post count does not equal newbie.
[Freud hat on]
I have been semi-lurking about here for a little while and have observed you have a well defined (and understandable) chip on your shoulder with regard to KMS and their (lack of) support. It seems to me that you are using the forum as a place to vent as well as helping......

[Freud hat off]

maybe we can ALL keep on topic

Des Quinn
  •  
peterj

HAHA

Chip on shoulder regarding KMS maybe

However this is hardly unwarranted & as you may have noticed I am not alone...!

It seems there is growing cynicism regarding the new product (& the tech support) particularly regarding the much promised 6.1 panacea.

I for one am admittedly fed up of waiting for ever-changing deadlines....
  •  
shumba

peterj

With all your evident frustrations, why not succomb to the infamous Microsoft mailserver products. Surely with the handsome price for their technical support you'd get all the answers you require.

Now where can I buy that Mercedes for the price of a Scooter?
  •  
peterj

Infamous maybe - but to be fair to MS there aren't many problems in Exchange requiring access to MS technical support.

We moved from Exchange 5.5 to KMS6 as I have been using Kerio products for about 5years (Since before they were even Kerio)and been generally impressed.

Whatever the product costs I expect it to be free of major bugs and stable. This is not the case and has not been since last July.

It has taken the last nine months for me to get to this level of disappointment with KMS6. The anticipation of 6.1 which "will make everything OK" only serves to worsen the situation.

•  
pwhodges

peterj wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 10:12

but to be fair to MS there aren't many problems in Exchange requiring access to MS technical support.

I have one, and MS support is doing no better than any other - I can't even get them to recognise the problem, and they just keep quoting me standard setup procedures.

Paul

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2005 10:52]

•  
peterj

Out of interest.... What is the problem with Exchange???
pwhodges

peterj wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 09:54

Out of interest.... What is the problem with Exchange???

My problem? Very occasionally (say one message in 50,000) a message is bounced saying that the sender is not authorised to send (note, this is Exchange refusing it, not the result of an SMTP error further down the line). Most (not all) occurrences have been when sending as a delegate, and the error has then gone to the wrong user.

As the rejection occurs before the message goes anywhere in Exchange, there is no logging that gives any indication of a cause, even when all diagnostic traces are turned on - and this makes MS reluctant to believe in it.

The problem is probably some oddity in the AD implementation that I inherited (I installed Exchange, though), as I never saw it on a system that I set up from scratch myself.

Paul
Previous Topic: Exclusive preview - KMS 6.1
Next Topic: Integrated McAfee Update Problem with Proxy
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 04:43:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00499 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.