Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » About the installation of KWF...
  •  
yatung

Send a private message to this user
I use the software first time. When I installed KWF and restart the computer, the KWF is running. I login and use the "Traffic Policy Wizard" to setup the policies. I choose the "Allow access to all services(no limitations)". When I finish the process, I start the IE, but I cannot connect to any web server. Why? I know this problem must be dumb. But I really don't know how to setup, please help me. Thx.
  •  
feite

Send a private message to this user
Allow access to all services is for accessing services you are offering to the internet like a webserver or a mailserver. To browse internet you need to add a rule that allows HTTP and HTTPS traffic.

If you are using the proxy of KWF create the following rule (or check for it, it could be there already)

name: browsing
source: firewall
dest: internet (network connected to interface...)
service: HTTP, HTTPS
action: allow
translation: none

Check also for a rule that allows acces to the firewall machine from the LAN. It should look like this:

name: ...
source: LAN (network connected to interface...)
dest: firewall
service: any

Check the browser settings (connection). The browse should use use the proxyserver of the firewall. For HTTP and secure HTTP (HTTPS) enter the ip address of the firewall. The default port is 3128.

If you are not using the proxy make sure there is a rule like this one:

name: browsing from LAN
source: LAN
dest: internet
service: HTTP, HTTPS
action: allow
translation: NAT (default outgoing interface)

Check that the browser is not set to use a proxy.
Previous Topic: how to use another SSL Cert with KWR
Next Topic: Problem incoming https over PAT
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:22:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.