Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Linux configuration using PAM
  •  
xmen666

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
ive been trying kerio for a couple of days on a fedora core 3 linux box.
Everything was running fine until i want to migrate all my users test account to my ldap server(running beside of kerio ldap service on an other port and holding samba too)
Im able to login with my users throught ssh, samba or such other services that belong to pam auth.
Until my users where not on ldap, the login was working as i set the password on kerio users "Linux PAM" (the password mapping was working well).
Now that my users are in ldap database, it seem that the pam auth process not working anymore. Ive tried to dive more deeply on the admin guide, but there was not a lot on that beside "look your linux distribution docs..." and that i should use the pam service provided with kerio.

Im not used to pam handling problems, is there is an issue for kerio to do pam auth with ldap module? or maybe someone who already tried to change the kerio pam file?

here is the kerio pam service file :
more keriomail
#%PAM-1.0
auth required /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so
account required /lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so
password required /lib/security/pam_unix_passwd.so nullok md5 shadow

Ive tried to change some part of this, with 2 possible result, either the login is incorrect or kerio is crashing when requesting the pam service.

Thx to all for answers.
Previous Topic: Save / export settings?
Next Topic: Configuration Reading Error, Uninstalle Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:27:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00317 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.