Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.x/Symantec AV Scan Engine bug workaround
  •  
DuckFan

Send a private message to this user
I am posting this only for informational purposes in case someone else has the same problem later on and is searching the forums for help. This has to do with KMS on a Red Hat EL3 installation.

When I upgraded from KMS 5.7.x to 6.0.8 recently, I discovered a bug where KMS wouldn't recognize that Symantec AntiVirus Scan Engine 4.3 was running when it clearly was. Mail would pile up in the queue, saying that the mail couldn't be scanned because Symantec AV wasn't started. A restart of KMS would solve this, but you have to know and remember to do this every time you reboot the server. The first couple times I had to reboot the server after the new install (after-hours), didn't know to do this. I would verify that all services were running, and that KMS was receiving mail then finally go home. I would, however, be swamped with complaints first thing in the morning that mail wasn't being processed. The problem appears to happen only when KMS is started BEFORE Symantec.

My server originally booted with KMS starting first, then Symantec. I found that Kerio and Symantec shared runlevels of 3 and 5. So, I changed the starting order by renaming the "SXXkeriomailserver" and "SXXsymcscan" files in both /etc/rc.d/rc3.d and /etc/rc.d/rc5.d. I swapped the "XX" numbers after the "S". For me, KMS was S79 and symcscan was S87, so I changed KMS to S87keriomailserver and Symantec to S79symcscan in both directories. KMS now boots after SymantecAV now, and all seems to be well.

I hope this can help someone else.

-DuckFan
Previous Topic: Using external emailaccount
Next Topic: Synchronisation 1 domain between 2 servers
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:45:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00348 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.