Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 6.09 / 6.1
  •  
jshaw541

Send a private message to this user
tekfal23 wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 08:27

I've been told by someone at Kerio that the official release date of 6.1 is July. There may be a beta sometime in May or June, but it will absolutely be out by July. This date gives them time to work out all bugs and have a stable release--their quote.

Rock on.

So aside from Pavel's great screenshots, anyone else got any 6.1 tidbits or rumors?

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
peterj

July!!!

Unbelievable...

About a week ago when it was pushed to Q2 I was assured it was only a couple of weeks away and would certainly be early in Q2.

Now it has moved to Q3 already.

I have been waiting almost a year since the wobbly 6.0.0 first arrived to here this.

<mutter>......<curses>.....

:-(
  •  
tekfal23

I was just told that 6.0.9 is due out in 1 week. However, I don't know what 6.0.9 will have different that 6.0.8.
  •  
tekfal23

There are massive changes in 6.0.9. Many of them are backported from 6.1.

1. The biggest change is the re-written transport provider to bypass MAPI (which is exactly what Microsoft does with Exchange/Outlook). This should help tremendously with things like email stuck in the outbox and mail delivery in general.

2. Another change fixes 100% CPU problems when inserting attachments to Outlook. This also fixes a problem for giant attachments which never complete, or just can't be sent (50MB or so). There is still a problem with Outlook 2000 but it is a Outlook bug. I think we have a workaround in the works for that.

3. Fixed locking of user mailbox in case of network failure or connection timeout on client side (the user couldn't login into his mailbox and sometimes blocked the delivery queue).

Those are the biggest changes. There are some crashes fixed, and a couple of "hang" issues where the mailserver stops responding.

--Directly from Kerio.
  •  
digiclone

tekfal23 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 13:01

There are massive changes in 6.0.9. Many of them are backported from 6.1.

1. The biggest change is the re-written transport provider to bypass MAPI (which is exactly what Microsoft does with Exchange/Outlook). This should help tremendously with things like email stuck in the outbox and mail delivery in general.

2. Another change fixes 100% CPU problems when inserting attachments to Outlook. This also fixes a problem for giant attachments which never complete, or just can't be sent (50MB or so). There is still a problem with Outlook 2000 but it is a Outlook bug. I think we have a workaround in the works for that.

3. Fixed locking of user mailbox in case of network failure or connection timeout on client side (the user couldn't login into his mailbox and sometimes blocked the delivery queue).

Those are the biggest changes. There are some crashes fixed, and a couple of "hang" issues where the mailserver stops responding.

--Directly from Kerio.

So, KOC will be much faster with 6.09? That would be wonderfull! That is one of the biggest user complaints right now - that KOC is sooooo sloooooow.
  •  
jonbrain

From the sounds of it the re-written transport provider will only increase the speed of sending email, not reading mail. I may be wrong though.
  •  
tekfal23

We're experiencing problems with the KOC locking up, especially in the morning. Usually when sending or deleting mail. Haven't had a problem with reading e-mails. If this will fix the speed/locking issue, I'm happy.
  •  
digiclone

Will 6.09 fix the backup size over 2gb problem with KMS crashing? I sure hope so, as it would give me a little piece of mind to be able to get a backup!!!!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

digiclone wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 20:02

Will 6.09 fix the backup size over 2gb problem with KMS crashing? I sure hope so, as it would give me a little piece of mind to be able to get a backup!!!!

Yes, this problem will be fixed too. Backup will be splitted into several archives with maximal size of 2GB for better archiving on DVD etc.
  •  
digiclone

Excellent! Can't wait... Thanks Pavel.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 03:40]

•  
peterj

Thats the problem

All anyone can do is wait for 6.1

TICK...TOCK...TICK...

Gosh is that the time it's 2008 already - I wonder when 6.1 will arrive.
  •  
itgroup

Guys,
some other notes from a quiet tester...waiting for 6.1.

AntiVirus sucks. McAfee is useless - I run a second anti-virus on another box - just using Clam - and you would not believe how many viruses it catches. Wish the documentation could tell me how to use Clam with kerio? Anyone help here?

Spam filtering is good, but there needs to be a method of retrieval - apart from every user sifting through their junk mail box.

Read users mail - what a nice feature. When we were running Sendmail, it was simple through webmin to read users mail. We have this request all the time - when users have large messages and want to know whom they are from before deleting - yes, we can log on as them in Webmail - but it is slow.

Anyway...
  •  
digiclone

We use clam/AV on our firewall to remove viruses from email as well. Haven't tried Mcafee on Kerio, but Clam/AV works great so there has been no need for us to try anything else. It would be very nice if we could get clam/AV to work with Kerio as most of our clients have hardware firewalls and require anti-virus on the mail server.
Previous Topic: How do I migrate back to Exchange?
Next Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.0.9
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 21:47:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00527 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.