Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exclusive preview - KMS 6.1
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

please enjoy some screenshots from KMS 6.1. These pictures don't represent final look and were taken from current beta version.

Two-line message view in the WebMail
index.php?t=getfile&id=469&private=0

Calendar in WebMail
index.php?t=getfile&id=470&private=0

Spam whitelist per user
index.php?t=getfile&id=471&private=0

Simplified WebMail interface
index.php?t=getfile&id=473&private=0

Spam whitelists and blacklists
index.php?t=getfile&id=474&private=0

New user restrictions
index.php?t=getfile&id=475&private=0

Administration of users within the domain via WWW
index.php?t=getfile&id=476&private=0

• Attachment: twoline.PNG
    (Size: 104.50KB, Downloaded 2017 times)
  • Attachment: calendar.PNG
    (Size: 79.46KB, Downloaded 1950 times)
  • Attachment: whitelist.PNG
    (Size: 26.73KB, Downloaded 1948 times)
  • Attachment: expr1.PNG
    (Size: 93.73KB, Downloaded 1950 times)
  • Attachment: admin_blacklist.PNG
    (Size: 92.02KB, Downloaded 1917 times)
  • Attachment: user.PNG
    (Size: 26.13KB, Downloaded 1947 times)
  • Attachment: admin.PNG
    (Size: 70.04KB, Downloaded 1925 times)
  •  
lohelle

looks really good!
I wonder how the speed in the default (not simplified) webmail will be, and how good the Outlook integration will be!

edit: Is folders with many messages split in multiple pages now (as in simplified version) ? Looks like it in the first picture.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 April 2005 14:40]

•  
bperkins

Thanks a lot for the sneak peak Pavel!

I think it looks great! I'm glad that the "paging" feature is back instead of the "scrolling" feature in webmail for going through a list of messages. I think this will speed up the full featured webmail.

I also like the idea of having the "lite" version of webmail. I like the spam features added also.

I think 6.1 will be one heck of a product. The forum really appreciates the info you give on here.

Thanks a lot,
BP
  •  
Iassen Hristov

This is all very promising, however I (and a bunch of other users here) are
(impatiently) awaiting for a public beta of 6.1

Will there be one?
When?

Please, we need to test it.

--On Saturday, April 02, 2005 12:03 PM +0200 PavelDobry <pdobry<_at_>kerio.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> please enjoy some screenshots from KMS 6.1. These pictures don't
> represent final look and were taken from current beta version.

•  
peterj

I am impressed by the look of the spam features & simple webmail

However I am confused by bperkins comments. It looks to me that in the 'premium' webmail you are still scrolling through the message list. (Unless you just scroll through a shorter list on current page?)

The only obvious change is the subject/sender 2line display (Which shows less messages so more scrolling is needed)

My suspicion is that the premium webmail is not going to be significantly better/faster - Which is the point of the basic version!!

+ New http domain admin will be great!! Thx Pavel
  •  
bperkins

peterj wrote:
"However I am confused by bperkins comments."

It's hard to tell from a screen shot, but it looks as though in "Settings" you should be able to set the number of messages per page. Then you click through the number of pages. This is how version 5.x.x used to be and looks the way the new "lite" version will be also. This is a faster method to me than having 2000 messages in a folder all on one page to scroll through. The scroll bar on the current 6.0.x version is very slow even on a LAN/fast connection. I thought it was a cool idea to try to implement, it just doesn't work too good because its having to connect too much with the server. I think it gives the current webmail the "slowness" feel.

From the screen shot, it does appear there is still some scrolling. However, this is probably because Pavel has his settings set for let's say 20 per page, but only 12 is able to fit in the current view. So, you have to scroll down to see the remaining 8 on that page.

I know my users will be happy bringing the "paging" back in webmail. They all fussed about it being gone when we moved to 6.x.x.

I think 6.1 looks very promising.....

Take care,
BP
  •  
peterj

Thanks BP.

If this is the case then you are right - this is very promising.

I would still like to know when even a public beta will be available

I am now hearing rumours there will be another interim 6.0.9...!!

The anti-spam stuff we have seen on the screenshots look great (hopefully there are more improvements) as does the new http admin pages!!

Fingers crossed it will be here soon!!
  •  
bperkins

I don't know any dates, but I know for a fact that there will be a 6.0.9 release.

One of the major bugs they are going to have fixed is the flaky network connections. HTTP,IMAP connections that build up under the "Active Connections" tab in the Admin interface even though they are no longer active. This is a pretty big bug and they want it fixed in 6.0.9.
  •  
jmripert

Simple webmail is perfect... :)

When that is released ? ?
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

I hope a Preview or Beta of 6.1 will be available soon.

It would be nice to be able to test it,
maby some of our bosses then will be willing to change from Exchange or willing to keep Kerio Mailserver.
  •  
jshaw541

You're awesome, Pavel. Thanks for the pics!

Any possibility of a screenshot of the Spam Filter->Action and ->Spam Repellent tabs?

Will server admins have the ability to quarantine/delete spam with a score greater than x.x?

Again, thanks much. This brings up my hopes a little about KMS's future.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
jshaw541

bperkins wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 08:49

I don't know any dates, but I know for a fact that there will be a 6.0.9 release.

One of the major bugs they are going to have fixed is the flaky network connections. HTTP,IMAP connections that build up under the "Active Connections" tab in the Admin interface even though they are no longer active. This is a pretty big bug and they want it fixed in 6.0.9.

Also, I am told they will fix WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) in the Windows versions of KMS. What does this mean? It means you'll be able to MRTG graph just about every little statistic you can grab out of KMS.

I even have the scripts already written and ready to go ;). Once I get to test it with the new version, I'll post em on the web.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
Previous Topic: KMS 6.1 beta 1
Next Topic: Catch all account?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:32:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00475 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.