Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Total Firewall Noob
  •  
Frank_Castle

Send a private message to this user
I've got Kerio Winroute Firewall 6.0.9 and I have no idea what to do. I'm not a computer noob but I'm a firewall noob.

So basically i've tried to search on the forums for an answer to my question but I don't even know what the language terms mean so I'm just getting lost.

I just installed and have no Mozilla problem.
But Trillian isn't signing on to any of the messenger services: (AIM, ICQ, MSMESS, YAHOOMESS)

I've read things about rules and whatnot but have no idea where to set them. I'm grateful that Kerio is so detailed but it's confusing and intimidating for someone who's never used a firewall before and who doesn't know the language terms.

Sorry to be a noob. I hate noobs....

Please help.. I catch on quick
  •  
feite

Read the manual and use the wizard to create the basic rules.
  •  
Frank_Castle

feite wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 18:34

Read the manual and use the wizard to create the basic rules.

Well I did this and got my Trillian to work with running the wizard when I did a
"allow access to all servers (no limitations)"
but is this safe?

And as I said I don't know what the language terms mean so I could sit and study a glossary for a few days before even trying to mess with things, but I don't have a few days. I need some personal security while I do my internet crap ASAP.

•  
feite

If you are not running any services create the following traffic rules:

name: internetaccess lan
source: lan
dest: internet
service: any
actions: allow
translation: nat default outgoing interface

name: internetaccess firewall
source: lan
dest: internet
service: any
actions: allow
translation: none

the last rule is the default rule. This rule denies all traffic that is not allowed. The top rule is checked first. If the traffic matches that rule it will be used. If not the rule one below will be checked and so on.

Return traffic will be allowed automatically.
  •  
Deju

feite
Your last rule doesn't deny any trafic, it allows all trafic from lan to internet without NAT (may be you want to write action: deny?)

It's not necessary to alow in first rule all services to internet. I think only: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP (if need), POP and SMTP (if need).
  •  
feite

You are correct. I did mean the last rule in KWF (the default rule). Sorry.
Previous Topic: How to forbid downloading *.mp3 files?????
Next Topic: Client installation of VPN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:34:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.