Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Winroute and Apple iChat AV
  •  
eric672

Send a private message to this user
I'm having fits trying to get Winroute working with iChat AV. I believe I have everything configured correctly but I still cannot get it to work successfully. Apple states that you need to open ports 5060, 5190, 5678, and 16384-16403. All UDP except for 5190 which should be both TCP/UDP.

I have two rules setup...1 for incoming packets and 1 for outgoing packets.

name: ichat (inbound)
source: internet
dest: firewall
service: SIP, ICQ, UDP: 5678, UDP: 16384-16403
log: packets
action: allow
translation: MAP <ipaddress of mac>

name: ichat (outbound)
source: lan
dest: internet
service: SIP, ICQ, UDP: 5678, UDP: 16384-16403
log: packets
action: allow
translation: NAT default outgoing

No packets are dropping that I can see yet it still won't work. iChat AV will also work with UPnP firewall/routers so I also have UPnP enabled. Although in reading previous posts in this forum it looks like KWF doesn't fully implement UPnP so I don't think its doing any good.

Apple also has a doc on how to configure firewalls/routers. I believe the above covers whats in the doc.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93208

Anyone have any ideas??
  •  
lifutom

Hi Eric,

some what version of kerio do you use ?

should anyone have access to your private mac ?

I don't know the iChat AV. Does anybody initiate the connection from outside your lan or do you initiate the connection on demand from your pc?

lifutom
  •  
eric672

Sorry I forgot to post that I'm using Winroute Firewall 6.11 (just upgraded from 6.10).

iChat is basically a robust version of AIM. Most of the traffic is outbound generally as its talking to the AIM servers to get buddy lists, buddy status, etc. However, if a buddy is trying to initiate a video chat session with me inbound traffic all the way to the mac is required.

I have verified if I remove Winroute from the equation and connect directly to the internet with the Mac everything works fine.

I'd be happy to post the filter log (minus my real IP) if you think it would be beneficial.

Thanks!
  •  
doubleu

bump.

Does anyone successfully use Apple's iChat with Kerio Winroute Firewall? I've tried everything and always get an 'insufficient bandwidth' error! Mad
Previous Topic: 100% blocking of Yahoo Messenger or any IM file transfers
Next Topic: kerio 6.3.0 build 2683
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:33:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00422 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.