Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.0.8 with IMAP and Training SpamEliminator
  •  
krusty

Send a private message to this user
Hello:

I am still a fairly new user of KMS so bear with me. I would like to know the following:

- if it's possible to train SpamEliminator from Mozilla Thunderbird email clients and if yes, how to do so.

- how to specify IMAP folders. For example, I see that 3 default folders are created for IMAP users: inbox, sent, and trash. Is there a way I can specify a 'junk' folder and if yes how do I instruct KMS to put junk email in that folder?

Thanks in advance.
  •  
peterj

1) No, you can't train via IMAP without KOC - unless the users go into the web interface to do it.

2)You can change the sent/junk/drafts folders in Thunderbird. You cannot change the trash to 'deleted items' though.

If you want to use the 'junk' rather than 'junk email' folder then you can web in to kms and edit the message rule which moves spam so that it uses the desired folder.

(BEWARE - SOME FOLDERS ARE RE-CREATED FOR EACH USER AT SERVICE START OR USERLOGON ANYWAY)

Hope this clarifies
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

peterj wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 23:33

1) No, you can't train via IMAP without KOC - unless the users go into the web interface to do it.

Well, it will be possible in KMS 6.1 Smile
Filter can be trained by moving e-mails in/out Junk E-mail folder. in every IMAP client.
  •  
krusty

PavelDobry wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 11:36

Well, it will be possible in KMS 6.1 :)
Filter can be trained by moving e-mails in/out Junk E-mail folder. in every IMAP client.

Oh goodie! And the time for 6.1 is when? :D
  •  
nickrooster

2)You can change the sent/junk/drafts folders in Thunderbird. You cannot change the trash to 'deleted items' though.

Actually, it is possible to change the Trash folder to 'Deleted Items' by inserting the following line in your profile's prefs.js

user_pref("mail.server.servernumber.trash_folder_name", "Deleted Items");
  •  
peterj

Thanks Nick,

This is really useful info.

•  
nickrooster

Happy to help :) . There are also some handy extensions you might want to check out that make Thunderbird more "Outlook-like".

For POP3 Accounts:
Extension that adds the ability to change the Subject header:
http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/look for Thunderbird Header Tools[supportware.net]

For any account:
Ability to set up auto-forwarding or an Out-Of-Office type auto-reply:
http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/look for Thunderbird NewFilters[supportware.net]

and a URL talking about how to get started with NewFilters:
[url= http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=109276&hig hlight=newfilters[/url]Mozilla Zine forum thread[mozillazine.org]

If you really need tasks as my users do, check out this neat app for Windows called [url= http://www.ipi.fi/~rainy/index.php?pn=projects&project=r ainlendar[/url]Rainlendar[ipi.fi].
My users like it better than Outlook tasks, which allows them to run Thunderbird full-time for the speed and security benefits.

Hope that helps as well.

-Nick

Edit: This time I will preview before posting.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 16:04]

Previous Topic: BIG BUG Dns & Kerio Outlook 6.09
Next Topic: FaxSender plug in
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:43:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00493 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.