Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC and local PST together?
  •  
Dr.Bob

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I have two users that experience quite some problems with their KOC, like Outlook that crashes just a littlebit too often. What they have in common in that besides KOC and their serverbased mails, they also have a local PST archive of approx 1.5 - 2 GB. Could there be a connection between the crashing and the combination KOC + PST?

FYI: Delivery is set to the KOC account.

Thanx,
dr.b
  •  
sedell

Unfortunately, the KOC doesn't support using a PST file in combination with the KOC itself.

Scott
  •  
The1st

I don't think so.
I've got most of users who work with serverbased mailboxes but store their archive as local PST files.
Also I've got users who has 2 accounts on KMS simultaneously: first (main) is "*.PST + POP3 access" to one mailbox and second account is "KOC account" to have access to public folders and other corporate resources. Everything works quite stably.

/Vladislav
  •  
sedell

I've seen Kerio themselves state that it's not supported. It may work in some cases, but it's bound to cause problems.

Scott
  •  
KevinAtAPC

Same here, local pst with pop/smtp for email and KOC for public folders and calendars. Have not noticed any issues beyond what everyone already reports as issues for KOC by itself.
  •  
peterj

Actually sedell is correct.

Kerio do not support the use of additional data stores or delivery methods in the Outlook MAPI Profile.

(Don't ask me why 'though!!!)

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 23:30]

•  
Dr.Bob

Okay, but that they say "we don't support it" is luckily something else than "it won't work". Ofcourse they won't be taken responsibility for external datastores like PST, but I just can't come up with any reason why it shouldn't work. And having 2 posters here saying they use it too makes me happy.

dr.b
  •  
peterj

I can't imagine that without removing the PST to troubleshoot that you will get any useful advice (either on this forum or from Kerio)

In my experience the KOC is seriously flaky (and SLOW.....) even when you follow Kerio's advice on supported configs..

Previous Topic: Restoring specific mailbox & folder
Next Topic: Kerio SMTP and large attachments
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 03:08:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.