Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage 2004 and Kerio 6.0.8
  •  
arch@ngel

Send a private message to this user
Hi.

A customer of mine are using Entourage 2004 in Exchange mode. Everything works great but the syncronisation does not. It will only syncronise when starting Entourage and then no more. They have to restart Entourage to get it to syncronise new mail. The customer ends up using webmail instead. They see it as a step backwards.

Any ideas?
  •  
sonofcolin

We also use entourage 2004 in exchange mode and it continuosly synchronizes. Sometimes, it takes a while for new messages to show, especially if you have folders with thousands of messages. In fact, it is much slower than IMAP.

If some folders don't synch correctly, then you can delete the folder cache and it will re-synch.
  •  
arch@ngel

Mail sent internal, could take up to 45min to show in users mailbox. Nobody told us before buying, everything would work as an exchange server.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 19:11]

•  
arch@ngel

Yes, I could do a resync. But how often? A mailserver should work out of the box with correct settings. We dont have the time to support users at this level.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

arch<_at_>ngel wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 19:10

Mail sent internal, could take up to 45min to show in users mailbox. Nobody told us before buying, everything would work as an exchange server.

Yes, synchronization with KMS would work same as with Exchange, there is no difference. Synchronization is always initiated by Entourage client, the server only responds. There is a backward UDP connection from server to Entourage which is used for notifying when new e-mail arrives to user's mailbox. Of course, this can't work if there is any firewall or proxy between Entourage and KMS. In this case, all responsibility related to synchronization is on client side.

Check logs in KMS, you can enable extended logging of WebDAV communication in the Debug log in KMS Administration Console.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 22:38]

•  
arch@ngel

OK, there is no firewall or proxy between Entourage and KMS. I will try the Debug setting of WebDav traffic tomorrow. Thanks
  •  
puskas

arch<_at_>ngel,

How did you get on? I have the same setup as you and am having the same problems. I am contemplating moving the clients over to imap or Mail becuase of this problem. Have you tried 6.0.10 yet?

I'd be interested to hear how you have been getting on.

Puskas
  •  
gmsmith

6.0.10 seems to fix the problems we have encountered (similar to what you describer)with Entourage 2004. I have been pleased with the update...
  •  
puskas

Great mate, I think I will upgrade to 6.0.10, I had given 6.0.9 a miss because of everyones problems.

The other problems that I am having are as follows.

Duplicate emails coming into an inbox? i.e. two copies of new emails getting delivered to a users inbox. This is something that we are having intermittently with a few users.

Another problem is that loads of blank emails have been propogated in one users mailbox. It is really strange as these emails don't have any information in them at all. They simply appear in their hundreds in the users sent items. It is only with one user that we are having this problem with,

I would be interested to hear your thoughts about these things arch<_at_>angel.

Thanks
Puskas

p.s. I'm on OSX 10.3.9, X-serve
  •  
gmsmith

We are running on Fedora Core 3....

But since upgrading I have not noticed blank messages. We have never had duplicate messages as an issue.
  •  
puskas

Sorry, your name is not archangel!!!

Thanks for the replies, but have you ever had the blank email problems?
  •  
gmsmith

Yes, with 6.08 we had the blank message issues.
  •  
puskas

Thanks, I thought it was solely my company that was having it.

Take care
  •  
gmsmith

Are people still seeing this in 6.1? I have just had a slew of reports from end users of blank messags showing up in their boxes.
DXB Law

I have hundreds and hundreds of blank emails showing up in my sent items box. They arrive every sixty seconds.

Previous Topic: Notices and sugestions
Next Topic: Returned email (after error) to include original email as attachment?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 12:57:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00586 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.