Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.0.8 Midnight mail queue freezing
  •  
AlanB

Send a private message to this user
Hello all

I'm running 6.0.8 on W2K in a small installation for 15 users. Recently, external mail which is downloaded via POP3 is being held in the message queue, it is not being delivered into the user's mailboxes. This happens everyday or every other day. What's odd is that this mail hold up is happening just after midnight. A server reboot is needed to get things working again.

I've searched the log files and event viewer and I can't seem to find any pointers as to why this is happening. Has anyone else experienced this and found the reason/solution?

Regards

Alan

Sorry, should have been version 6.0.8.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 15:55]

•  
bwatkins0132

BUMP.

What is up with this problem? No one else has it? No one has a solution? Searching the archive shows multiple posts about this, "Mail not being delivered because it is caught in queue" yet there no one who has responded with anything constructive...

One guy suggested Reverse DNS be turned on, this provides no help.

This is an issue across multiple versions. I also have 6.0.8. I have yet to upgrade to 6.0.9.

Hello? HELLO?

Oh, some people don't quite grasp the nature of the problem... Let me spell it out to you, with all the gory details:

I have a maximum of 5 delivery threads.

There are 5 messages stuck in the "Message queue processing" tab.

The "Messages in queue" tab is completely full.

NOTHING HAPPENS. There are no indications of problems in the logs. The only solution is to constantly monitor the queue and restart the Kerio Mail Server when it is hung up at which point all the message are delivered almost instantaneously.

3 weeks into my trial, this happens at a MINIMUM of once a week.

One of two things needs to happen here.

Either:

A. We need a solution or guidance.

B. We need to be told to shut the f*ck up about the problem because apparently it's only a problem for US. This clearly is not a vote of confidence, HOWEVER, at least I know this sh*t was read.

Thank you.

Bill
  •  
nickrooster

Hey man,
Send a quick email (using some external service obviously) to support<at>kerio<dot>com
They are top-notch and always have a quick answer when I am in trouble.
Perhaps that is what happened to the people who posted earlier, although is is bad form to not post what the fix was...
-Nick
  •  
bwatkins0132

Thanks Nick.

Bill
  •  
peterj

Calm down..

We are all sailing on this stormy bug-ridden sea that is KMS these days..

Just try to ride it out & chill man..

Wow - I seem to have mellowed, a gripe too far perhaps? :-)

MEANWHILE BACK IN REALITY...

What does the status of the stuck messages say.
(This might give a cause of the issue - could be content(spam) filter stage or maybe antivirus processing...?

You could always ask Kerio Support - Good Luck!!!

•  
bwatkins0132

Look, I'm sorry about the tone of my message and all, normally I can be pretty cool, calm, collected and understanding, but searching the message forum and seeing a lack of action on this particular issue, and the size of the problem makes me quick to be direct and sharp.

I don't use Anti-Virus.

Perhaps it is spasm processing.

I don't recall what the status was. As soon as it happens again I will make note of it.

I have emailed support this particular forum topic as suggested by Nick.

Thanks for your attention and support.

Bill Watkins
  •  
desquinn

not a chip anymore, more of a crisp ;)

Des Quinn
  •  
nickrooster

I am running KMS on Fedora, with no crashing problems. Do you have another server in front of the KMS server doing AV/Spam processing? If not, you are brave, sir ;) .

Sorry I can't tell you more...
-Nick
  •  
peterj

•  
desquinn

i was referring to my earleir comment about your chip on your shoulder and your moment of mellowness :)

Des Quinn
  •  
nickrooster

Oh, wait, if you are doing spam processing on KMS, then it could be a problem with corrupted indexes, I think(?).
-Nick
  •  
peterj

Don't worry Des.

These crazy moments don't last long!

Must have had too much coffee today or something...

:-)
  •  
bwatkins0132

It gets stuck with the status of "content filtering."

I have Spam Eliminator on, and a couple of filters for keywords... But otherwise? Eh?

Thanks,

Bill
  •  
peterj

You could try switching the Spameliminator off.

I have had a similar problem when my realtime AV was not excluded from scanning kerio store dir..?

bwatkins0132

lol. Yeah. If only that were an option. :)

- Bill
Previous Topic: Another 6.0.9 Bug
Next Topic: Issues with Kerio Mailserver
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:05:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00530 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.