Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 6.0.9 Feedback
  •  
sophos9

Send a private message to this user
Now having reports of many users having blank email panes in webmail. Users have to refresh manually......

Think this problem is going to be widespread!

Just another pain in the a$$

•  
tekfal23

So far 6.09 has only created new problems for me. Have to click on refresh to get into webmail. My PC is on xp pro sp2 all updated, and now I have problems with messages not leaving my outbox. Didn't have that problem before. Also, my Outlook (2002). Still locks up first thing in the morning. No matter what it is that I do, if it's sending mail, deleting mail, whatever, it will lock up and take up to two minutes before it unlocks. I was told the new mapi transport would fix this. Imagine that, it didn't.
  •  
sedell

I haven't had time to test thoroughly yet, but so far 6.0.9 on Windows seems promising. No more problems with messages stuck in the outbox in OL2000 or OL2003. That was by far our biggest problem. I haven't gotten to calendar functions and such yet. We do have the occasional the blank page at login with webmail in IE. It doesn't seem to be a problem for Mozilla or Firefox.

Scott
  •  
Soup

Server: 6.08
Clients: KOC 6.09

I've installed KOC 6.09 on all the PC's in our office using Outlook (,ix of XPpro and 2003pro) and have had no problems with installations other than one laptop where it was reporting Office 2003sp1 was not installed, when it was. A removal and reinstallation of KOC fixed this.

So far it seems to have solved our two main issues of email being stuck in the outbox and new email not being displayed.

I haven't updated the server as yet as it seems to be working well and none of the server fixes listed are effecting us at present.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 16:57]

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It seems to be a bug in MS Internet Explorer.

Try following:
Stop KMS, edit the configuration file mailserver.cfg and set values "UseGzip" and "UseChunked" to 0. This will disable HTTP compression in WebMail which obviously MS IE can't handle.

This workaround should resolve problem with black page after login in certain versions of MS IE.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 17:31]

•  
sophos9

pavel, is this the fix for the blank page issue?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

sophos9 wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 17:26

pavel, is this the fix for the blank page issue?

Yes. Sorry, I should mention that before.

MS IE does not cache compressed pages correctly and it may lead to this behavior.
Let me know if it helps.
  •  
bperkins

Pavel,

I installed 6.0.9 on a test system and it didn't have this behavior with IE6. Does this only happen under certain conditions? Is there any performance degrade in setting these values to 0?

Thanks as always,
BP
  •  
lebobo

Problem was solved when I modified the configuration file mailserver.cfg (set values "UseGzip" and "UseChunked" to 0 instead of 1).

Thanks a lot for your support,
Bruno
  •  
jonbrain

Hi Pavel

If I edit the config file like you say will this reduce performance for Mozilla Browsers?

If it does then I think I will live with the fact IE users have to click refresh.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

If you disable compression, there is no degradation of speed in comparison with 6.0.8. But enabling will speed up WebMail because HTTP traffic is compressed to 30-50% of original.

You can experiment with UseChunked value set to "1". WebMail will not use compression but will be able to use keep-alive HTTP connections which reduces network overhead and doesn't slowdown WebMail by creating separate connection for every single page.
  •  
dthurston

So, if users are having apparent cache issues in IE under 6.0.8, will the above tweaking help at all? Or is that asking for trouble.
  •  
pwhodges

Hours after installing 6.0.9 I had the first Kerio crash in the 18 months I've been running it. It probably sent a crash report - but at the end of the progress bar it just hung and never reenabled the Finish button.

It may be at the same time that one of my users left a message asking what I had changed, as he could no longer read his mail on his phone (not WAP - I'm not sure how he does it).

I've disabled the new compression to see if that resolves the issue for him.

Paul
  •  
digiclone

Can anyone translate this?

t.klein wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 05:47

hi, we installed 6.09 today and some big bugs seems to be fixed. her is a list of the fixed and the still existent ones. tested all today and confirmed them to our german supporter.

sorry, that the list is in german. BEHOBEN = fixed, ZUGEWIESEN = existent

0000099 Blocker zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Unter Outlook angelegte Verteilerlisten werden im Webinterface fehlerhaft behandelt.
0000077 schwerer Fehler behoben (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Mailinhalt verschwindet beim verschieben/kopieren in 'lokale' Ordner
0000079 Blocker zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Private Kontakte, Termine, etc. werden in Freigaben komplett angezeigt
0000082 Feature-Wunsch zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Die durch einen Client als Spam gekennzeichneten Mails sind nirgendwo editierbar.
0000083 schwerer Fehler zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Heutige Aufgaben in 'Outlook Heute' nicht sichtbar
0000084 schwerer Fehler zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Verteilerlisten innerhalb des Servers kopieren schlägt fehl
0000086 kleinerer Fehler zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Man kann nicht zu Terminen einladen, wenn man den Reiter Terminplanung in Verbindung mit einer Verteilerliste nutzt.
0000088 kleinerer Fehler zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Versandte aber noch ungelesene E-Mails können nicht zurückgerufen werden.
0000091 schwerer Fehler zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Suchfunktion [STRG + K] funktioniert im Adressbuch nicht mehr
0000096 Blocker zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 BCC Verteiler Mails von extern laufen nur zentral auf und müssen verteilt werden
0000098 Blocker zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Erfasst man an unterschiedlichen Tagen z. B. zwei Serientermine, so erscheinen diese an einem anderen Tag zu einer anderen Zeit
0000100 schwerer Fehler behoben (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 KOC 6.07 - Ganztägige Termine erweitern sich auf zwei Tage
0000092 schwerer Fehler behoben (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Mails bleiben im Postausgang hängen und müssen manuell versendet werden
0000097 Blocker behoben (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Bei Nutzung einer großen Verteilerliste und großen Anhängen bleibt die Mail im Postausgang hängen und Outlook stürzt ab
0000078 schwerer Fehler zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Kontakte mit Geburtsdatum vor 1970 -> Fehler bei Übertrag in den Kalender
0000076 kleinerer Fehler zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 04-14-05 Kontakte mit Kategorien können nicht nach Kategorien angezeigt werden
0000101 Blocker zugewiesen (KERIO_Winkler) 02-01-05 Im Outlook Betreff diverser Mails steht 'Corrupted item: ....'

Previous Topic: Webmail login page
Next Topic: Secure HTTPS not working..
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 21:57:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00525 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.