Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Issues with Kerio Mailserver
  •  
pxh11

Send a private message to this user
We are a medium size school in central Pennsylvania that is using Kerio 5.7.10. One of the main reasons we used Kerio is because of its integration in Active Directory.
We have about 7,700 total email accounts on a Windows 2000 platform. I am having
several issues that I can not find an answer for. Any ideas or thoughts would be great:

1) We are splitting our contacts into two groups (Staff/Students) this was done before I arrived and I am trying to figure out how to import contacts in bulk into each folder. I have written a script that will rename the vCard to a hexadecimal filename but the ones I placed into the contact folders do not work. Is anyone else splitting their contacts?
2) Does anyone have a script to import mail accounts into Active Directory? CSVDE or Dsadd do not appear to have the ability to add Kerio Mail accounts into AD, even with the Schema changes.
3) We are seeing an issue where all mail services stop. The server is running fine, and the Kerio Mail Service is running but all mail services just stop. They are reported as being down by Whatsup Gold. Kerio said this is a memory leak in the Admin Console, but I am the only on that uses it, and not to often. There are no crash logs when this happens. They only way to fix this is a reboot.
4) There are also times when our webmail quits. The logon page appears, but when you try to logon it spins then fails. The only way to fix this is a reboot. Kerios answer to this is to upgrade to 6.09, but we can not because of the lack of browser support.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

•  
johnunderhill

Send a private message to this user
I may be able to help with these problems, but I don't want to delve in without more information. In our experience, 5.10 is very stable, but there were a few issues.

The AD integration issues are hard problems. I have a lot of questions. If you want to discuss these issues, please email me.

Cheers,

John D. Underhill
QIS Project
Previous Topic: KMS 6.0.8 Midnight mail queue freezing
Next Topic: SMTP Proxy spam attack detected
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 11:19:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.