Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OL2003 Message notification
  •  
sedell

Send a private message to this user
Using KOC6.0.9 and Outlook 2003. Outlook only shows new message notifications for mail in the Inbox. Any rules that are set up to automatically redirect mail to other folders on arrival do not produce a notification for those messages. This is a bit troublesome to users, especially when Outlook is minimized to the system tray.

Is this a bug in Outlook or the KOC. Is it just a result of the mail being processed by the server and directed to the users sub-folders automatically, as opposed to Outlook handling it? The notifications work when Outlook rules redirct messages in a POP3 setup.

Thanks.

Scott
  •  
peterj

I think Kerio have changed the way the notifier in OL03 works from the usual.

For instance If I copy an unread mail to the inbox (as long as it is more recent & goes at the top the new message notification appears even though this has not just "arrived" via a message transport.

V Strange - I imagine this is because the messages do not arrive as such (they are just there). I suspect this is the Kerio transport provider & also explains your problem.

Could the rule copy rather than move as you may then get the notification (perhaps you could then have an additional rule to delete..?

Just a thought...
  •  
sedell

I don't think so. I was under the impression that the Outlook rules will not function with the KOC, and Copy isn't available in the KOC list of actions.

Scott
  •  
peterj

Sorry that was my only idea...

& You are correct that OL Rules do not work (In fact they are not saved) when using KOC.

I asked Kerio to make the KOC Install grey out the Tools-Rules option to avoid confusion about 6months ago but so far nothing...

Previous Topic: How to Automatic update KOC 6.0.9 with script (AutoKOC)
Next Topic: Dates in Webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:07:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.