Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Custom reply based on attachment filter?
  •  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
As it stands right now, the attachment filter's options are tied to the antivirus filter's actions. So, if you don't want to have blocked virus e-mails going back to the sender, then all blocked attachments will be treated to the same action - discard or forward.

I was discarding messages with illegal attachments (like my most hated: winmail.dat), but when I recently started forwarding these blocked messages to my admin account I saw just how many of these e-mails were being lost with no notification to anyone - my bad.

I figured, it would be a good idea to let the sender know why their message was blocked. This would require one thing:

1. Whatever action is selected for blocked attachments does not cause sender-spoofing virus e-mails to bounce to their "sender." Maybe sender-spoofing bounces are already excluded and I just didn't read the manual. If that's the case, just tell me I'm a putz and send me on my way.

Ideally, I would also like to be able to customize the bounce message on a per filter basis. So, if someone sends us a winmail.dat file, they can get a reply that explains why we don't accept winmail.dat and a link with "fix-it" instructions. If we were limited to just a small customization that was applied to all the bounce messages, that would be workable too.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Lyle Millander
  •  
KevinAtAPC

You might be able to get some of that type of function by forwarding these email's to a specific admin account without attachment removal... hmm. I was thinking the mail filters might be able to check content text or header text but it appears not on second look. This might help getting some of what you want though, i.e. having it drop messages flagged as spam but send the reply to ones that don't have that flag.
  •  
Lyle M

Hey Kevin,

That was exactly what I tried first. I was bummed to see the limitations of the built-in KMS user account filters. I might be able to pull it off using an external mail client like Entourage. But, it doesn't feel like a very elegant solution - and who wants to waste an MS Office license for that one function?

It would be much easier to pull this off if the From address of the forwarded message wasn't my local postmaster account. Shame there isn't an option to use a redirect vs. a forward.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Lyle Millander

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 23:53]

•  
KevinAtAPC

Something like pegasus mail should be able to handle it if you're willing to go the hack route of using a client to do this. Ugly in that it doesn't do it without being logged in and running.
Previous Topic: Dates in Webmail
Next Topic: <_at_>unspecified-domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:37:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.