Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 6.0.9: 5 spontaneous KMS shutdowns in 2 days - without a trace in the logs!
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
I upgraded to 6.0.9 when it first came out also on a RHEL3 dual xeon machine. After about 6 hours I had to immediately downgrade back to 6.0.8 because I (along with all my webmail users) were experiencing problems with webmail. When you would try to send a message and hit the send button, it would basically lose connection to the server and you would get a page not found (and the message would not send).

Dr. Bob, were you experiencing this type of behavior, or do you not use webmail? Just curious if your build2 fixed this problem. I didn't experience any crashing of KMS, it just didn't work.

I was looking forward to 6.0.9 for a long time, because most of my major bugs and complaints were supposed to be addressed/fixed and they are included in the fixes for 6.0.9. It just brought about this new problem, which was worse than the orginal bugs. So, I had to downgrade back to 6.0.8.

Thanks for any info,
BP
  •  
alaskacpu

Hi,

We found the same to be true... heavy use of the webmail - we start to see problems.

1) Sending mail - page not found etc...
2) Other strange behaviors
3) No notice when the mailserver is hungup and/or not working. However, not sure how when/how long between this happens - but it has been noticed at least twice!

Using:
Windows2000 ADV Svr SP4
Memory 4GB
DUAL Xeons 3.06Ghz Processors
2-Twin 250Gbs 7200 Liquid Cool Maxtor Hard Drives

Regards
Mike

USA Rocks the World!
  •  
bperkins

alaskacpu wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 14:17

Hi,

We found the same to be true... heavy use of the webmail - we start to see problems.

Yes, it does seem to only happen when webmail is in heavy use.

Thanks Mike, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I haven't heard anything about this particular problem on the forum. Its a pretty big bug for us since about half of my 150 users use webmail.

Thanks,
BP
  •  
Dr.Bob

bperkins wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 19:44

Dr. Bob, were you experiencing this type of behavior, or do you not use webmail? Just curious if your build2 fixed this problem. I didn't experience any crashing of KMS, it just didn't work.

I've had that behaviour once so far, indeed with build2. Meaning that PageNotFound errorpage after sending an e-mail. I don't think my server was on heavy load that moment. I'll open a support ticket for it.
  •  
bperkins

Thanks a lot for letting me know! I'll put in a ticket on this also. I cannot upgrade until this is fixed.

Thanks,
BP
Previous Topic: Problems with Mailserver since Friday
Next Topic: Mail server crashing with Office 2000 SP3 using connector
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 02:29:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.