Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Windows 2003 SP1 stops KMS sending out emails?
  •  
Fedorov

Send a private message to this user
With limited server down-time I installed Win2003 SP1 the other day - everything looked fine until a user tried to send and email out and every other user also got similar messages to this one:

Quote:

This is an informative message sent by Kerio MailServer 6.0.8 at w2kmail.
The server was not able to deliver your mail message to the following addresses:

<joe.bloggs<_at_>sth.nhs.uk> (smtp.btclick.com: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups])Reporting-MTA: dns; w2kmail
Arrival-Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:36:09 +0100

My time was limited so I quickly uninstalled SP1 to resolve this issue...

I decided as a stop-gap measure to run WindowsUpdate and at least ensure my server was updated with that big batch of Tuesday release MS recently released...

About 7 critical updates were installed, upon reboot and my users trying to send emails, I AGAIN get the same errors as shown above!

What is in SP1 or the latest critical updates that causes this error message in KMS (I'm on 6.0.8 btw)???

Thanks for any advice.

Fedorov.
  •  
desquinn

Quote:

smtp.btclick.com: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups])

This is the bt server saying that it requires authentication, and that it does not recognise your domain as being allowed to relay through its mail servers

should not be related to patch level as your mail server is communicating with the upstream mail server to get this message back.

Des Quinn
  •  
Fedorov

Well I can apply the critical updates again to confirm this I guess - a huge coincidence that on 2 occasions having done SP1, the other having tried WindowsUpdate that nobody can get any emails out no more... both occasions removing the SP1 or critical updates has cured the problem and everyone can send emails again :)

I'll give it another shot I guess but I'm not confident ;)

Thanks for the reply

Fedorov.
  •  
desquinn

did you require authentication prior to this?

if not phone bt as they mayu have implemented a requirement for it on their servers.

I know they have been doing it on some different packages at different times.

i.e. on a business 500 package a few months ago, and now on a yahoo package last week.

Des Quinn
  •  
Fedorov

desquinn wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 13:56

did you require authentication prior to this?

if not phone bt as they mayu have implemented a requirement for it on their servers.

I know they have been doing it on some different packages at different times.

i.e. on a business 500 package a few months ago, and now on a yahoo package last week.

Nope, and soon as I removed SP1 or the critical updates the error does not occur???!!! I'm on Business 500 myself.

I'm going to put the critical updates back on tomorrow and see what happens ;)

Thanks, Fedorov.
  •  
peterj

I agree, I can't see how the two things are connected.

Usually with BT if you have your own domain; either BT must be hosting it or you must complete a web-based form to authorise it.

The message you have is the nonsense BT equivalent of "Relaying Prohibited" & I can't see how this would be affacted by SP1

Would be interested to know the resolution...
  •  
lebobo

I have Windows 2003 French SP1 and Kerio Mail Server 6.0.9. My provider is scarlet.be, my Kerio send mails via smtp.scarlet.be and I download POP3 accounts from ovh.net, ibelgique.be, scarlet.be and teledisnet.be :

NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS CONFIGURATION (Win 2k3 SP1).
Bruno
  •  
Fedorov

Thanks guys, I've *JUST* let windowsupdate install the 22 critical updates again (I removed SP1 for now, will try that next).

Emails are getting out OKAY so it must have been a terrible coincidence last week when twice after doing these updates the BT mailserver was rejecting any emails! :O

SP1 next on my list... :)

Fedorov.
  •  
Fedorov

SP1 now installed and all is running fine :)

I'm still baffled by the timing of those returned emails everyone got straight after installing this previously!

Oh well, at least it's working, thanks again.

Fedorov.
Previous Topic: how to make pop work
Next Topic: web mail attachment size
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 04:10:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00623 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.